Internet Explorer is running bad sites in the background

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by BEEK, Dec 28, 2003.

  1. BEEK

    BEEK Guest

    Hello all...this is my first post on these boards...thanks ahead of
    time for any assistance that anyone can offer!

    My computer seemed to be running sluggish so I opened up task manager
    to see what was going on and I had instances of IE running with very
    bad web sites loaded. They appear to be running in the background. I
    can't ALT-TAB to them to close them...but I can close them with task
    manager, but almost immediately a new one opens on its own.

    I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, and some other lesser known
    utilities...but nothing seems to help this.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

    BEEK

    BEEK, Dec 28, 2003

  2. BEEK

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Did you update those programs before you ran them?

    pcbutts1, Dec 28, 2003

  3. BEEK

    °Mike° Guest

    Install something like SlimBrowser, MyIE or CrazyBrowser. They
    all have filters. For your current problem, install HijackThis and
    post the contents of your log here.

    HijackThis
    http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/

    On 27 Dec 2003 19:57:12 -0800, in
    <>
    BEEK scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Dec 28, 2003
  4. BEEK

    jeroen Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I've run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware, CWShredder, and some other lesser known
    > utilities...but nothing seems to help this.

    weird! I'd like to see a hijackthis logfile
    > Any ideas?

    virusscan while you're at it.

    --
    Met vriendelijke groeten/Best regards