    favorites have turned into a black icon that doesnt exist in the change icon
    file is this a virus of some kind?
    thanks in advanced

    harrys catt, Jan 2, 2004

  2. harrys catt

    Richard Guest

    harrys catt wrote:

    > hi can anybody help please my system tray icon for exlporer and all my
    > favorites have turned into a black icon that doesnt exist in the change
    > icon file is this a virus of some kind?
    > thanks in advanced

    Shut down all open programs and reboot.
    If it still happens, you may have a corrupted file somewhere.
    Then run scandisk and do a defrag.
    If that doesn't help, post back.

    Richard, Jan 2, 2004

  3. harrys catt

    Harrison Guest

    Is this OS 9 or 10?

    Harrison, Jan 2, 2004
  4. harrys catt

    Harrison Guest

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;132668

    In case it's Windows :)

    Harrison, Jan 2, 2004
  5. harrys catt

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    delete the iconcache file, or use tweakUI to rebuild it!

    coco

    CoCo, Jan 2, 2004
  6. harrys catt

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and back to normal, to clear your icon
    cache.

    On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:15:17 -0000, in
    <3ff5a5a4$>
    " harrys catt" <kopites. r.@ u. knowtherest> scrawled: