  1. How do I turn the internet firewall on/off in IE 6 running under XP Pro?

    Should I leave it on or off if I also run Zone Alarm Pro?

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot, Aug 23, 2004

  2. Daniel Dravot

    Bob Guest

    Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Properties > Advanced. Lose the
    tick, but get another firewall.

    Bob, Aug 23, 2004

  3. Daniel Dravot

    D Guest

    click.....start/my network places/view network connections

    right click your active LAN card/properties/advanced

    uncheck the box

    bob is absolutely right ....get another Firewall first then get rid of it.

    zone alarm is vector base (one of the most secure), however, i find it
    doesnt always cooperate. ie: when you disable zone alarm, it will often
    block traffic which you want to come through.....even though it is
    supposedly off.

    Norton has been not bad for me but i think Kaspersky is the best,

    good luck,

    D, Aug 23, 2004
  4. My thanks to you and to Bob for the helpful responses!

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot, Aug 23, 2004