    comes up. Sometimes the message comes up right away and sometimes it
    waits a few minutes. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to
    fix it?
    S Philpot, Jul 8, 2004

  2. S Philpot

    WormWood Guest

    "S Philpot" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a computer running Windows XP home edition. Each and every
    > time I try to use the internet I get an error report. It does not
    > matter what I am looking at or when I am using it the error messages
    > comes up. Sometimes the message comes up right away and sometimes it
    > waits a few minutes. Any ideas as to why this is happening or how to
    > fix it?

    Do tell....and, what is this error message telling you, verbatim?
    WormWood, Jul 8, 2004

  3. S Philpot

    Boomer Guest

    S Philpot wrote:

    > I have a computer

    > I get an error report.

    Got any other brilliance you'd like to dazzle the world with?
    Boomer, Jul 8, 2004
  4. S Philpot

    DC Guest

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...
    DC, Jul 8, 2004
  5. S Philpot

    S Philpot Guest

    I get an Internet Explorer Error box. If you click on the technical
    information button it mentions the file msls31.dll.
    S Philpot, Jul 9, 2004
  6. S Philpot

    S Philpot, Jul 9, 2004
  7. S Philpot

    °Mike° Guest

    Lesson 1. Please don't start a subject line with "Re:". That
    gets included in replies, automatically, but when you start
    a thread with "Re", it makes it look like you are replying to
    another poster, and your question may go overlooked -- I
    nearly deleted it without a second thought.

    Lesson 2. Please be more descriptive in your choice of
    subject text, but be brief. Common subject titles, like
    yours, or "help", "outlook express", "error", etc. are not
    only annoying, but your post may, again, get overlooked
    as it gets swallowed up in threads of the same subject
    title.

    Lesson 3. Please be more precise in your question, and
    include as much information as you can about your
    operating system, software involved, and VERBATIM
    error messages.

    Herein endeth the lesson.

    For your next assignment, please study the following:

    Error Message: IEXPLORE Caused an Invalid Page
    Fault in Module MSLS31.DLL
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282198

    On 8 Jul 2004 17:22:30 -0700, in
    <>
    S Philpot scrawled:

    >I get an Internet Explorer Error box. If you click on the technical
    >information button it mentions the file msls31.dll.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 9, 2004
  8. S Philpot

    S Philpot Guest

    Internet Explorer Error with more detail---Mike please read!

    First, I have only used this area of Google to post a question once
    before as well as to reply to a comment made by an earlier gentleman.

    Secondly, the second comment was to be more descriptive (I do know
    that I could have had more but gee...the IE closed on me again) and I
    am about to very descriptive.

    Third, I am grateful that you are willing to respond to my question
    but you do not have to be so rude in your response...I don't need
    lessons, but thanks anyways.

    Okay so you want descriptive...here goes.

    I have a computer running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service
    Pack 1 (it is what came with the computer). I have IE Version
    6.0.2800.1106 as well as Norton AntiVirus 2004 (it scans and finds no
    viruses).

    Everytime we access the internet we get a message that
    reads---Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to
    close. If I click on the data link at the bottom I am given the
    following information:

    AppName: iexplore.exe
    AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106
    ModName: msls31.dll
    ModVer: 3.10.349.0
    OffSet: 00002ac5

    If I click on the technical button from there I get a file that will
    accompany the report. I can give you that file name if you need at a
    later time.

    So what I have done to try and correct the problem? Well I first
    contacted a local computer store and they told me to go to the Control
    Panel and uncheck IE from the components list and then go back and
    reinstall it. I did that and it did not help. After that I
    researched some more in great deatil and followed another person's
    adive. I first unchecked the "enable 3rd party browser extensions"
    and downloaded Spybot-Search and Destroy. After downloading the
    program I found updates and then scanned the computer. The scan gave
    me the following information.

    DoubleClick 1 Entry that was a tracking cookie
    Advertising.com 2 entires both tracking cookies
    Alexa Related 1 entry that said replace file
    (C:\Windows\web\related.htm)
    Avenue A, Inc. 1 entry that was a tracking cookie
    DSO Exploit 5 Entries that were registry changes
    MediaPlex 1 Entry that was a tracking cookie

    Now ever since I turned off the 3rd party browser extensions I have
    had no problems which is why I ran the spybot. I was told that if
    disabling that item fixed the problem I needed to run the spybot.

    Now I guess I need to know what to do with the items from the spybot
    and if I need to re-enable the 3rd party browser extensions or
    something else all together. If you could help me I would greatly
    appreciate it. If you need any further information I could appreciate
    it.

    Thanks so much!!

    S Philpot, Jul 9, 2004
  9. S Philpot

    °Mike° Guest

    Re: Internet Explorer Error with more detail---Mike please read!

    Regarding SpyBot, allow it to fix the entries you noted.

    Regarding IE, you probably have a damaged msls31.dll file,
    possibly others, too, in your IE installation. I suggest you
    repair IE and then ensure that you have the latest cumulative
    update. These are not shown on the normal Windows update
    web page.

    How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook
    Express in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=318378

    Cumulative updates:

    Internet Explorer
    February 2004 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (832894)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS04-004.mspx

    Outlook Express
    April 2004, Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express (837009)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-013.mspx

    RPC/DCOM
    April 2004, Cumulative Update for Microsoft RPC/DCOM (828741)
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms04-012.mspx

    July 2004, How to disable the ADODB.Stream object from Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870669

    Critical Updates:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/

    On 9 Jul 2004 14:02:53 -0700, in