    I also tried setting up my Outlook, but was given a similar
    message...something to the effect that I am not connected.

    Does anyone know what I need to do?
    =?Utf-8?B?V3lsaWU=?=, Aug 31, 2007

  2. If you go into IE's Options in the Connections area you can uncheck/remove
    and proxy settings that are there at all. Everything should be left blank
    and unchecked.

    This is a per-user setting. If anyone else logs into the machine with a
    differnet account, they will have to do the same thing.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Understanding the ISA 2004 Access Rule Processing
    http://www.isaserver.org/articles/ISA2004_AccessRules.html

    Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/1/8/918ed2d3-71d0-40ed-8e6d-fd6eeb6cfa07/ts_rules.doc

    Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: Partners
    http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver/partners/default.asp

    Microsoft ISA Server Partners: Partner Hardware Solutions
    http://www.microsoft.com/forefront/edgesecurity/partners/hardwarepartners.mspx

    Phillip Windell, Aug 31, 2007

  3. Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, your solution did not work. All the
    boxes were unchecked and no proxy settings were listed. ALso, it appears to
    be more than just a problem with IE because I am not able to access my email
    with Outlook. Appreciate your taking the time to respond. W

    =?Utf-8?B?V3lsaWU=?=, Sep 5, 2007
  4. Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, your solution did not work. All the

    =?Utf-8?B?V3lsaWU=?=, Sep 7, 2007
  5. "Wylie" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, your solution did not work. All the
    > boxes were unchecked and no proxy settings were listed. ALso, it appears
    > be more than just a problem with IE because I am not able to access my
    > email
    > with Outlook. Appreciate your taking the time to respond. W

    Outlook does not use a CERN Compliant Web Proxy (the type of proxy the
    browser settings are designed to use). A CERN Compliant Web Proxy provides
    only for HTTP, HTTPS, FTP-"Read only", and Gopher. Outlook on the other
    hand uses POP3/SMTP or MAPI or RPC over HTTP. So Outlook is irrelevant to
    the browsers proxy settings and whether any "auto detection" works or not.

    You appear to have "other problems" with this machine. There isn't much I
    can do about that from here. I wouldn't even know where to start.

    --
    Phillip Windell
    www.wandtv.com

    Phillip Windell, Sep 7, 2007