Internet Explorer - "Days to Keep Pages in History" setting

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Sir Berus, Dec 26, 2006.

  1. Sir Berus

    Sir Berus Guest

    In studying for the 70-272 exam, as well as the 271 exam, I've run into a
    setting that seems to come up frequently in the texts I am reading. The
    "Days to Keep Pages in History" setting, as explained, is supposed to denote
    the number of days IE will keep visited pages in the History folder as well
    as the number of days to keep the URLs of those pages in teh Address bar.
    Setting the number of days to zero (0) is supposed to completely disable the
    History feature.

    Seems simple enough, except for the fact that it doesn't seem to be correct.
    When I set the number to Zero, I still see URLs in both places, even after
    clearing the history, restarting IE and Windows, etc... I have not tested
    the number of days for anything else (like 2, or 3, or 7, etc...), so I don't
    know if they work as advertised or not.

    I have seen this particular question come up in many of the books (MSPress,
    ExamCram, and others) that I have read, and they all say that a setting of
    zero disables History. I guess for the exam it is worth remembering the
    'book' answer, but in the real world... this doesn't work as advertised.

    Does anyone have any info that could shed some light on this for me?

    Sir Berus, Dec 26, 2006