Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tom, Jul 6, 2010.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I'm running Windows-7 Ultimate 64 bit and when I click at links in some
    Spanish forums IE8 says " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and
    the following very long URL appears instead of the correct one:

    http://ad.targetingmarketplace.com/...%253D4e983e5d66b00a23%253AT%253D1278439929%25

    When browsing the same URL using Firefox or Google Chrome there is no
    problem.

    I tried several antivirus and antimalware programs and my systems look
    clean, nothing founded.

    Is this an IE8 issue?

    How to solve this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Paul
    Tom, Jul 6, 2010

  2. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    That is typically a popup window with unwanted ads so just don't care if IE8
    doesn't display them.
    :)
    Have you got the popup windows blocker enabled?
    Even so, some of them get still through and show up.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 6, 2010

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Thanks for your help Carlos,

    I suspected that it could be some sort of pop windows so now I'm trying
    elevating the IE8 Pop-up Blocking Level to the maximum but the problem
    persists, some links do not work some times, my problem is that a pop-up is
    supposed to open in a "separate" window or in a new tab, right? But instead
    when the long URL appears there is no way to return to the previous page or
    navigate to the correct and intended link.

    Another strange behavior is that even if all Pop-ups are allowed when
    clicking the problematic link there are no pop-up windows open up.

    Could be this related to any other IE8 setting, like the Tabs setting or
    other?

    Thanks Again,
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 7, 2010
  4. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    Could you give me the address of one of those problematic Spanish forums so
    that I can reproduce your issue?
    Pop up behaviour can be controlled in Tools, Internet Options, General.
    There's a specific setup button for tabs there.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 7, 2010
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    When you try to navigate away from this link:
    http://www.taringa.net/posts/musica/2966308/Homenaje-a-Los-Shakers---Foregive-Me.html

    and then return back to the home: http://www.taringa.net

    Probably you have to try several time or even clicking on different links
    related with the site because not always it fail in the same link (probably
    is some sort of random commercial, or better yet all this is related with an
    error in
    the site?).

    I was trying to watch and old video on line (Los Shakers, the first link I
    have copied here) and most of the times I cannot navigate back from there.

    Anyway the site is not relevant for me but I was worry suspecting it could
    be a Trojan or virus.

    Thanks again
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 7, 2010
  6. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    If you like "Los shakers" I believe you were born in the early 50's.
    That rock band from Uruguay (the Fatorusso brothers) really rocked!.
    Anyway, I tried your link at work (Windows XP, IE7) and nothing happened.
    I could access to the page, then typed www.google.com on the address bar and
    could easily navigate out.
    I will give it a shot at home with Windows 7 x64 and IE8.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 7, 2010
  7. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Si Carlos.......naci en los 50's y por lo tanto me gustan Los Shakers y The
    Beatles,
    tambien los toco en mi Fender casi todos los fines de semana junto a un
    amigo mio
    tambien jovencito como yo :) , si te interesa pues con todo gusto te envio
    un mp3 mio.

    Thanks a lot for your help, I'll wait for you to try with Win-7 64bit and
    IE8.

    Regards (espero comprendas spanish :)
    Tom

    My email:

    Tom, Jul 7, 2010
  8. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tom,
    No probs at home either (Win 7 x64, IE8).
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 7, 2010
  9. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Could I have a Trojan?
    I'm trying with 4 different computers now, the one that I'm replying here
    (Laptop running Windows XP), one PC running also XP and two machines running
    Windows-7 64bit and all of them shows similar problem with the site, the
    only thing common to all my machines is the Router but there is no problem
    when using others browsers....very strange!

    Regards,
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 7, 2010
  10. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tomasito:
    Seguro que comprendo Spanish, o qué otra lengua natal hablamos los argentinos?
    De dónde eres, ya que si te gustan los Shakers no puedes estar lejos.
    Yo también le doy a la viola!

    I am also running Microsoft Security Essentials and UAC is enabled.
    Can't think of anything else for the moment.
    But wait... How about running IE without addons?
    (Está en Inicio, Todos los Programas, Accesorios, Herramientas del Sistema)
    Maybe a plug-in might be playing funny tricks on you.

    Salu2.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 7, 2010
  11. Tom

    Barsa Boy Guest

    Ja! Ja!
    Imposible escondernos los argentinos ;-)
    Soy de Buenos Aires pero hace mas de 20años que vivo cerca de Los
    Angeles, y vos?

    Deberiamos quedar en contacto ya que con mi amigo siempre decimos que
    necesitamos otro miembro para la banda y queremos que sea argentino de
    origen para poder tocar todos esos temas que tanto nos gustan, asi que
    cuando quieras enviame un e-mail.

    BTW: sorry que ahora estoy en mi PC (la Win-64) y estoy utilizando el
    Xnews con mi direccion e-mail y seguro que se debe de ver diferente en
    el thread.

    BTW-2: En esta PC tengo el NOrton Internet Security 2010

    Muy buena idea lo de los addons, pruebo y te cuento.

    Un Abrazo
    Tom

    >=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?= <> wrote in

    > Tomasito:
    > Seguro que comprendo Spanish, o qué otra lengua natal hablamos los
    > argentinos? De dónde eres, ya que si te gustan los Shakers no puedes
    > estar lejos. Yo también le doy a la viola!
    >
    > I am also running Microsoft Security Essentials and UAC is enabled.
    > Can't think of anything else for the moment.
    > But wait... How about running IE without addons?
    > (Está en Inicio, Todos los Programas, Accesorios, Herramientas del
    > Sistema) Maybe a plug-in might be playing funny tricks on you.
    >
    > Salu2.
    > Carlos
    > "Tom" wrote:
    >
    >> Si Carlos.......naci en los 50's y por lo tanto me gustan Los Shakers
    >> y The Beatles,
    >> tambien los toco en mi Fender casi todos los fines de semana junto a
    >> un amigo mio
    >> tambien jovencito como yo :) , si te interesa pues con todo gusto te
    >> envio un mp3 mio.
    >>
    >> Thanks a lot for your help, I'll wait for you to try with Win-7 64bit
    >> and IE8.
    >>
    >> Regards (espero comprendas spanish :)
    >> Tom
    >>
    >> My email:
    >>

    >> >"Carlos" <> wrote in message
    >> > Tom,
    >> > If you like "Los shakers" I believe you were born in the early
    >> > 50's. That rock band from Uruguay (the Fatorusso brothers) really
    >> > rocked!. Anyway, I tried your link at work (Windows XP, IE7) and
    >> > nothing happened. I could access to the page, then typed
    >> > www.google.com on the address bar and
    >> > could easily navigate out.
    >> > I will give it a shot at home with Windows 7 x64 and IE8.
    >> > Carlos

    Shakers-

    > http://ad.targetingmarketplace.com/iframe3?

    uyIAADR9EQDzy04AAAAAAPCnFQAA

    =
    > ,,http%3A%2F%2Fpubads.g.doubleclick.net%2Fgampad%2Fads%3Fcorrelator%

    3D1
    > 278439980114%26output%3Dhtml%26impl%3Difr%26client%3Dca-pub-

    57171284949
    > 77839%26slotname%3Dtar_p_728_downloads%26page_slots%3Dtar_p_120

    _downloa
    > ds%252ctar_p_728_downloads%26cust_params%3Dk%253dtools%25252c%

    252520dae
    > mon%25252c%2525202010%25252c%252520lite%25252c%252520julio%25252c%

    25252
    > 0descarga%252520directa%2526d%253dsi%2526s%253dna%2526e%253dna%2526c%

    25
    > 3ddownloads%26cookie%3Did%253d4e983e5d66b00a23%253at%253d1278439929%

    253
    > as%253dalni_myfipehhbmffeurpslw1blrhm0nda%26ga_vid%

    3D622013034.12784399
    > 35%26ga_sid%3D1278439935%26ga_hid%3D1221794178%26ga_fc%3Dtrue%26url%

    3Dh
    > ttp%253a%252f%252ftaringa.net%252fposts%252fdownloads%252f6049063%

    252fd
    > aemon-tools-lite-4_35_6.html%26ref%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252ftaringa.net%

    252
    > fposts%252fnovatos%252f%26lmt%3D1278439981%26dt%3D1278439981424%26cc%

    3D
    > 100%26biw%3D1136%26bih%3D971%26ifi%3D2%26adk%3D3370119120%26oe%3Dutf-

    8%
    > 26u_tz%3D-420%26u_his%3D2%26u_java%3Dtrue%26u_h%3D1200%26u_w%3D1920%

    26u
    > _ah%3D1170%26u_aw%3D1920%26u_cd%3D32%26flash%3D10.1.53.64,Z%3D728x90%

    26
    > s%3D1146164%26r%3D0%26_salt%3D553138832%26u%3Dhttp%253A%252F%

    252Fpubads
    > .g.doubleclick.net%252Fgampad%252Fads%253Fcorrelator%

    253D1278439980114%
    > 2526output%253Dhtml%2526impl%253Difr%2526client%253Dca-pub-

    571712849497

    _

    2
    > 525252C%25252520daemon%2525252C%252525202010%2525252C%25252520lite%

    2525
    > 252C%25252520julio%2525252C%25252520descarga%25252520directa%252526d%

    25
    > 253Dsi%252526s%25253Dna%252526e%25253Dna%252526c%25253Ddownloads%

    2526co

    Barsa Boy, Jul 8, 2010
  12. Tom

    Carlos Guest

    Tomás:
    Desde hace 28 años que estoy viviendo en Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego.
    Justito al sur del estrecho de Magallanes.
    Un abrazo.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jul 8, 2010
  13. Tom

    Tom Guest

    >"Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Tomás:
    > Desde hace 28 años que estoy viviendo en Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego.
    > Justito al sur del estrecho de Magallanes.
    > Un abrazo.
    > Carlos

    Increible como se ha achicado el mundo, por alguna razon yo imaginaba que
    estabas
    aqui cerquita.Rio Grande!!! que bueno! tengo que visitarlo algun dia, pensar
    que he viajado
    por todo el mundo pero todavia no conozco el sur de alla.........

    Respectoa mi problema, acabo de probar sin los add-on y el problema persiste
    :-(
    buscando en Google he encontrado gente con problemas similares, voy a
    intentar en
    el Forum de Microsoft Aswers/ Internet Explorer Forum como ultimo intento y
    si logro
    algo te cuento.

    Un Abrazo
    Tom

    Tom, Jul 8, 2010
  14. Tom

    Arthur Lemos Guest

    http://ad.targetingmarketplace.com

    This URL prevented me from opening my e-mails. I ran my anti-virus program, and nothing happened to fix the problem. I went to Control Panel and saw that no Firewall was enabled. I enabled Windows Firewall and immediately the problem disappeared completely and permanently.Enabling Windows Firewall, or any other Firewall will take care of this very annoying problem with this URL.

    Arthur Lemos, Sep 5, 2010