    I remember a long time ago I had to go into a file and put a check mark to
    have this IE icon on the desktop. Can anyone tell me where I have to go to
    have this IE icon show on my desk top. Thank to all. Tom

    Tom, Apr 18, 2008

  2. Tom wrote:

    > I had to reinstall and format my hard drive. I Want to put the IE icon on
    > the desktop so I can start the internet using this icon.

    And in case nobody else thinks of it, I'd like to thank you for starting
    the internet every day. I hate it when nobody does that.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Apr 18, 2008

  3. Tom

    VanguardLH Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > I had to reinstall and format my hard drive. I Want to put the IE icon on
    > the desktop so I can start the internet using this icon. The icon is not on
    > the desktop and I forgot where I had to go to put this icon on the desktop.
    > I remember a long time ago I had to go into a file and put a check mark to
    > have this IE icon on the desktop. Can anyone tell me where I have to go to
    > have this IE icon show on my desk top. Thank to all. Tom

    Download TweakUI powertoy from Microsoft.
    Desktop tree node.
    Enable checkbox to show Internet Explorer on desktop.

    VanguardLH, Apr 18, 2008
  4. Tom

    Guest

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote:

    >Tom wrote:
    >
    >> I had to reinstall and format my hard drive. I Want to put the IE icon on
    >> the desktop so I can start the internet using this icon.

    >And in case nobody else thinks of it, I'd like to thank you for starting
    >the internet every day. I hate it when nobody does that.

    There are people who appreciate this service. And we thank them for
    their trouble.
    --

    Just Fer fun
    http://i31.tinypic.com/15hhcv9.gif

    , Apr 18, 2008
  5. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I am using XP pro . Also can you explain the download

    Tom, Apr 18, 2008
  6. Tom

    Tom Guest

    I am using XP PRO

    Tom, Apr 18, 2008
  7. Tom

    VanguardLH Guest

    VanguardLH, Apr 18, 2008
  8. Tom

    Guest

    'I Want to put the IE icon on the desktop so I can start the internet
    using this icon'

    Right click the desktop, left click Properties to get to Display
    Properties

    Click Desktop tab

    Click Customise Desktop

    In the Desktop Icons panel check the Internet Explorer box

    , Apr 18, 2008