    IE 6
    Win 98se

    Any help is greatly appreciated

    Rosco, Apr 22, 2004

  2. Rosco

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Rosco',

    This site should help you.

    http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/best_of/ispbrnds.htm#outlookexpress

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns94D33DF4FFA6Drosco111shawuscom@209.25.157.130...
    > I have a friend who I finaly managed to get to hate AOL as much as I
    > do. Of course before I converted her, she used the AOL cd to install
    > internet explorer. I have managed to get rid of most of the branding
    > ie.. "Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By America Online" crap

    like
    > that. I can't seem to find the spinning logo defaults for IE though.

    In
    > the registry I have found where AOL replaced them with it's own. But
    > where is the default at. I have tried IE mate to restore to defualts
    > but it does not fix the problem. I am talking about the little logos

    in

    Emrys Davies, Apr 22, 2004

  3. Rosco

    hushia Guest

    "Rosco" <> wrote in message
    > I have a friend who I finaly managed to get to hate AOL as much as I
    > do. Of course before I converted her, she used the AOL cd to install
    > internet explorer. I have managed to get rid of most of the branding
    > ie.. "Microsoft Internet Explorer Provided By America Online" crap

    like
    > that. I can't seem to find the spinning logo defaults for IE though.

    In
    > the registry I have found where AOL replaced them with it's own. But
    > where is the default at. I have tried IE mate to restore to defualts
    > but it does not fix the problem. I am talking about the little logos

    in
    > the upper right hand corner of IE
    > IE 6
    > Win 98se
    >
    > Any help is greatly appreciated

    click the Start Menu, click Run and type in "rundll32
    iedkcs32.dll,Clear" without the quotes then hit Enter.
    http://www.thescarms.com/vbasic/rundll.asp
    hushia, Apr 22, 2004
  4. Rosco

    °Mike° Guest

    Close all of your browser windows, then copy/paste ONE
    of the following into the Start / Run box - note that it is
    case sensitive:

    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear
    --or--
    rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    For O.E., you need to edit the registry directly, so back up
    your registry first.

    Open the registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) to the following
    key:

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER
    +Identities
    +{GUID}
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Outlook Express
    +5.0

    Delete or change the value of 'WindowTitle'.

    On 22 Apr 2004 06:05:14 -0500, in
    <Xns94D33DF4FFA6Drosco111shawuscom@209.25.157.130>
    Rosco scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Apr 22, 2004
  5. Rosco

    Rosco Guest

    °Mike° cried out

    > rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    Outlook express has already been cleaned up. We are just trying to
    restore the "spinning logo" graphic in the upper right hand corner of
    Internet Explorer. It still has an AOL graphic. I have tried all
    suggesstions in all replies...

    Rosco, Apr 23, 2004
  6. Rosco

    Kipper Guest

    I was on AOL and that rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,Clear worked a
    treat...thanks

    Kipper, Apr 23, 2004
  7. Rosco

    °Mike° Guest

    On 23 Apr 2004 03:07:39 -0500, in
    <Xns94D41FD754CA0rosco111shawuscom@209.25.157.130>
    Rosco scrawled:

    >°Mike° cried out
    >
    >> rundll32.exe iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

    >Outlook express has already been cleaned up. We are just trying to
    >restore the "spinning logo" graphic in the upper right hand corner of
    >Internet Explorer. It still has an AOL graphic. I have tried all
    >suggesstions in all replies...

    Copy/paste the following into Notepad and save
    it as a .reg file. Close ALL instances of IE, and
    double click on the .reg file to merge it into your
    registry. Note that everything between [ and ]
    MUST be one line only, and there must be a
    blank line at the end of the file.

    ***** <-- Omit this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar]
    "BackBitmapIE5"=-
    "BackBitmap"=-
    "BrandBitmap"=-
    "SmBrandBitmap"=-

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main]
    "BigBitmap"=-
    "SmallBitmap"=-

    ***** <-- Omit this line

    Sometimes a reboot is necessary.