    32 page opens, have checked for virus and non found.

    thanks

    malcolm
    malcolm, Feb 4, 2004

  2. malcolm

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 19:46:23 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bvri6e$idq$>
    malcolm scrawled:

    >Help Please, internet explorer behaves oddly. when I am on a website and
    >wish to go to the link on the site, it locks up,

    You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
    Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

    Nothing happens when you click a link
    http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

    >how ,do I re-install it,as it does not appear in the add & remove progs.

    Copy/Paste the following into your Start / Run box (all one line):

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance "C:\Program Files\Internet
    Explorer\Setup\SETUP.EXE" /g

    If that doesn't work, try:

    rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132
    C:\windows\inf\ie.inf

    And if THAT doesn't work, try just:

    rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

    >also when i start comp System 32 page opens, have checked for virus
    >and non found.

    Make sure that all of your startup shortcuts pointing
    to "Program Files", have double quotes around them.

    Folder Options / View ...
    Uncheck 'Restore previous folder windows at logon'.

    Remove Common Tasks from Desktop
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_commtask_desktop.htm

    Make sure that no Windows are open when you close down
    or reboot, as Windows can remember that they were open
    and reinstate them on bootup.

    Check that the following registry key is equal to zero:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer
    DesktopProcess = 0x00000000 (0)

    Check the following registry keys for entries that might
    initiate a window opening:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServicesOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\Setup

    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 4, 2004

  3. malcolm

    Iceman Guest

    "malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > Help Please, internet explorer behaves oddly. when I am on a website and
    > wish to go to the link on the site, it locks up,how ,do I re-install it,

    as
    > it does not appear in the add & remove progs.also when i start comp

    System
    > 32 page opens, have checked for virus and non found.

    See:
    http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers3.htm#freezing
    Iceman, Feb 4, 2004
  4. malcolm

    Kenos Guest

    Just thought that I would like to thank and complement you on your very
    helpful answer.
    Keep up the good work.

    Kenos

    Kenos, Feb 4, 2004