    explorer icon, it takes me to dial up set up wizard. Can you please
    advise.
    , Jan 22, 2006

  2. Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    spewed forth:
    > I have pre installed qindows 98 se version on sony vaio pcg f420. I
    > recovered it using the recovery disk. I used to be able to access net
    > through broad band connection via a cable modem. Now, When I click on
    > explorer icon, it takes me to dial up set up wizard. Can you please
    > advise.

    Assuming you're using the CAT5 connection from your cable modem, three
    things come to mind:

    1) Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections tab - click "Never dial a
    connection".
    2) Control Panel, Network Settings, be sure your NIC is there and TCP/IP is
    assigned to the NIC
    3) Control Panel, System, Hardware tab, device manager, check the Network
    cards and be sure your NIC is configured correctly.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    thanks tim..will try that
    , Jan 22, 2006