Internet Explorer 8 help needed

Discussion in 'Software' started by SomeOneHackedMyName, Aug 29, 2009.

  1. SomeOneHackedMyName

    SomeOneHackedMyName

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Internet Explorer 8 download help needed

    I'm upgrading from Internet Explorer 6, and I'm downloading from Microsofts site, not a CD. I take the steps below, tell me if I'm doing something wrong. Ask for additional information, I'll give it to you if I can.

    1. I go to microsoft.com/en/us/default.aspx
    2. I click on the bottom right link "Internet Explorer"... "Free Download".
    3. I click the link to the right, under the photos "INSTALL ALL 3 NOW".
    4. The download window pops up, I click "Save"/
    5. I put the file "MSNOIE8_MSCOM_XP" on my desktop.
    6. The progress window pops up and loads...
    7. I click "Open Folder".
    8. It says the targets on the Desktop.
    9. I go to my desktop.
    10. I open the "MSNOIE8_MSCOM_XP" file (while I'm typing this, am I supposed to close all programs?).
    11. The cabinet begins to extract the files.
    12. The progress bar gets to the end.
    13. A window titled "iesetup.exe - Entry Not Found" reads: "The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll."

    What went wrong? What do I do? Answers A.S.A.P. would be wonderful! :D
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    SomeOneHackedMyName, Aug 29, 2009

  2. SomeOneHackedMyName

    emystx

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Go to supportrix.com .1.877.787.8749. When the going gets tough, I go to this site.They had helped me a lot.
    emystx, Sep 1, 2009