    therefore cannot even go to Microsoft to get a possible download to cure it.
    Any ideas please.
    Simon.

    simola, Jul 18, 2007

  2. simola

    clot Guest

    simola wrote:
    > I know it is about as much use as a bag of monkeys, however even with
    > Firefox Mozilla I have need of IE sometimes.
    > At the moment when I hit the icon to go to IE it starts up and
    > suddenly goes down, it doesn't come up with an error messageit just
    > will not open. I therefore cannot even go to Microsoft to get a
    > possible download to cure it. Any ideas please.
    > Simon.

    Do you have some flavour of XP? If so, you can remove IE7 and IE6 will
    reappear. then you can go to MS to D/L IE7. When downloading, deactivate
    your firewall(s) - read the instructions and follow to the word! Good
    luck.

    clot, Jul 18, 2007

  3. simola

    Gordon Guest

    simola wrote:
    > I know it is about as much use as a bag of monkeys, however even with
    > Firefox Mozilla I have need of IE sometimes.

    Have you tried the IETab extension for Firefox? It will even allow you
    to do Windows Updates in Firefox!

    http://ietab.mozdev.org/

    Gordon, Jul 18, 2007