Internet Explorer 7

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Does anybody know if IE 7 works on XP x64? Thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=, Jan 31, 2006

  2. It was specifically made clear in the fine print:
    Evaluation of Internet Explorer 7 should start now, but the software should
    not be used on production systems in mission-critical environments. Internet
    Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview will only run on "Windows® XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
    systems", but will ultimately be available for Windows Vista, Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition, and Windows Server 2003.

    The Official BETA 2 will support Windows XP Professional x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jan 31, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    From over on the IE newsgroup...

    Hi,

    Thats what I read in a Forum: x64 support is expected in the full beta 2
    release. This release is a preview of beta 2 and is available for 32 bit XP
    SP2 only as we wanted to focus on getting a new build out for additional
    feedback before focusing on different builds and localisations etc.

    Best regrads,
    Volkan

    It should work in x86 form, it just isn't an x64 executable yet...

    M. Murcek, Jan 31, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Yeah, it'll gag when it sees you trying to install it where it doesn't
    currently run...

    M. Murcek, Jan 31, 2006
  5. Thanks a lot for all your infos.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXJ0?=, Jan 31, 2006