Internet Explorer 6.0 settings

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Hockey Buff, Aug 10, 2004.

  1. Hockey Buff

    Hockey Buff Guest

    Whenever I try to access my Hotmail and Excite mail systems thru I.E.
    6, I receive a error saying that "This Page Cannot Be Displayed." The
    banner across the very top says, "Cannot Find Server -- Microsoft
    Internet Explorer."

    In other words, using my peresonalized set of bookmarks as my Home
    Page, I can simply click on either Hotmail or Excite but before I can
    finish filling in my user name and password, I get the pop up error
    msg.

    Surprisingly, all other links on my Home Page appear to work just
    fine, including web addresses for Yahoo and Excite mail.

    Even more surprisingly, all links work fine using Netscape (incl.
    Hotmail and Excite).

    Deleting Cookies and Files and clearing History in I.E. didn't appear
    to help.

    What am I overlooking?

    Thanks!!!
    Hockey Buff, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Hockey Buff

    WormWood Guest

    Consider using Netscape or Mozilla as your default browser.

    WormWood, Aug 10, 2004