Internet Erasers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bill Matthewson, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    Bill Matthewson, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Bill Matthewson

    old jon Guest

    "Bill Matthewson" <> wrote in message
    news:0bOxe.849$...
    > Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    Hi Bill, as this question on `alt.comp.freeware`.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 3, 2005

  3. Bill Matthewson

    Scrote Guest

    Bill Matthewson wrote:
    >> Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    Unfortunately there are no free ones., you would probably need 40-50 in
    the megaton range to have any significant impact.

    HTH

    --
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    -- Samuel Butler

    Scrote, Jul 3, 2005
  4. Bill Matthewson wrote:

    > Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    Please don't erase the Internet.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2005
  5. Bill Matthewson

    Jack Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:

    > Bill Matthewson wrote:
    >

    >>Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    > Please don't erase the Internet.

    It's OK, we have a backup.

    Jack, Jul 3, 2005
  6. I tried to erase the internet.

    It didn't fucking work.

    BILL FUCKING GATES, Jul 3, 2005
  7. Bill Matthewson

    Rudolpho Guest

    Blinky the Shark carved these letters on my CRT:
    > Bill Matthewson wrote:
    >

    >>Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    > Please don't erase the Internet.

    Fortunately I've made a hard copy of the Internet :)
    --

    Rudolpho

    Rudolpho, Jul 3, 2005
  8. Bill Matthewson

    Rudolpho Guest

    Bill Matthewson used his able fingers and wrote the following:
    > Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    It is quite simple:

    Stat the DOS-box an type the following:

    format internet

    Just follow the instructions on the screen.
    --

    Rudolpho

    Rudolpho, Jul 3, 2005
  9. Bill Matthewson

    Guest

    , Jul 3, 2005
  10. Bill Matthewson

    Guest

    seriously though....

    to erase temp internet files (incl index.dat) and other stuff, use Crap
    Cleaner free from

    http://www.ccleaner.com/

    it is still possible for police etc to recover deleted files, jpegs etc
    from the free space on your hard drive

    so use Eraser, free from

    http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/default.php

    to overwrite the unused space on your HDD

    if you want to see what files can be recovered try Super Winspy free
    from

    http://www.acesoft.net/index.html

    it'll scare the s*** out of you ;-)

    , Jul 3, 2005
  11. Bill Matthewson

    Fred is back Guest

    <> wrote:

    > to erase temp internet files (incl index.dat) and other stuff, use
    > Crap Cleaner free from it is still possible for police etc to recover
    > deleted files, jpegs etc from the free space on your hard drive so use
    > Eraser, free from to overwrite the unused space on your HDD if you want to
    > see what files can be recovered try Super Winspy free from it'll scare the
    > s*** out of you [IDIOTICON].

    I hope they arrest you.

    Fred is back, Jul 3, 2005
  12. Bill Matthewson

    Guest

    Fred is back wrote:
    > I hope they arrest you.

    sorry to upset you fred, but I used the term 'police etc' tongue in
    cheek.

    for 'police etc' read 'guy you sell your computer to'

    for 'jpeg' read 'your credit card details'

    , Jul 3, 2005
  13. Rudolpho wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark carved these letters on my CRT:

    >> Bill Matthewson wrote:

    >>>Could you plrease recommend a free program.

    >> Please don't erase the Internet.

    > Fortunately I've made a hard copy of the Internet :)

    Did you use this?

    http://www.xs4all.nl/~neteagle/oops/downloadnow.html

    Stay with it for a few seconds, until you get the error message. :)

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Blinky the Shark, Jul 3, 2005
  14. Bill Matthewson

    Fred is back Guest

    <> wrote:

    > sorry to upset you fred, but I used the term 'police etc' tongue in cheek.

    Yes, you should be sorry.

    > for 'police etc' read 'guy you sell your computer to' for 'jpeg' read
    > 'your credit card details'.

    My c64 is running at just over 1 Mhz now.

    Fred is back, Jul 4, 2005