    have the same problem,I ran OPERA browser and no problem with downloading to
    a folder of my choice,thank you very much....... PETE(the consumer)

    Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

    pwb, Jul 13, 2003

  2. pwb

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <Iq4Qa.77975$>,
    says...
    > Hello everyone,please can you help,when I try to download any file from any
    > internet site the little window that was there before with the option of
    > saving to my hard drive is now missing and do not initialise and now just
    > starts downloading automatically to my windows temp folder,how can I get
    > that function back please?I reinstalled Internet explorer again but I still
    > have the same problem,I ran OPERA browser and no problem with downloading to
    > a folder of my choice,thank you very much....... PETE(the consumer)

    Nothing to do with IE installation, it's the file type settings in the
    Registry.

    Open an explorer window then go tools -> folder options -> file types
    look for the file type in question
    click edit button
    check the little box that says "confirm open after download"

    Mainlander, Jul 13, 2003

  3. pwb

    pwb Guest

    unfortunately it does not show the file type is not there in file type
    window,,, thanks anyway for your reply.....

    pwb, Jul 13, 2003