Internet Disconnections

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Nefovih, May 7, 2005.

  1. Nefovih

    Nefovih Guest

    For anyone out there that has these internet disconnections should tr
    doing one of the following. First of all I myself have had these an
    let me tell you I know how you feel. The first thing you should do i
    scan for any viruses. I perfer Norton, if no viruses are found chec
    your cables to your modem or if you have a router. Next you shoul
    call your ISP a few times beacuse they will all most likly gives yo
    some different answers. If that does not solve the problem you shoul
    check your phone(s). If you hear any static while talking that coul
    impact the internets connection. If nothing switch your modem to
    different phone jack and see if that helps. Or you could bring you
    modem to a friends house to check if it works properly. You shoul
    also try connecting with out the phones pluged in. If none of thos
    work I would call a phone technitian to check if your phone line migh
    be faulty. For me it was the phone I had a little bit of static on m
    phone and thats why my internet kept disconnecting. Well i hope i hav
    been of some help

    --
    Nefovi
    Nefovih's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=1179

    Nefovih, May 7, 2005

  2. Nefovih wrote:

    > I perfer Norton

    Then you're not qualified to give out advice.

    > Next you should call your ISP a few times

    For a faulty phone line? Now that's good thinking.

    > For me it was the phone I had a little bit of static on my
    > phone and thats why my internet kept disconnecting. Well i hope i have
    > been of some help.

    Stay with your website forum, it suits you better.

    --
    This message was not brought to you by the thieves that run imacreep.com

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 11, 2005