    Her machine is a Pentium 133 with 64MB ram, and the modem is a Rockwell
    56k ISA modem.

    Any ideas on the problem?
    T.N.O., Nov 23, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > Any ideas on the problem?

    I think it is running Window 98SE(from memory) with all patches etc...
    maybe not IE6, but this is just guessing(I live in dunedin, computer is
    in Nelson)
    T.N.O., Nov 23, 2003

  3. In article <>,
    says...
    > My sister(in nelson) has a problem with her internet connection... it
    > will connect up fine, but wont disconnect, she must re-start the computer.
    >
    > Her machine is a Pentium 133 with 64MB ram, and the modem is a Rockwell
    > 56k ISA modem.
    >
    > Any ideas on the problem?

    Could try to install a program like NetLaunch which helps control dialup
    connections.

    If that can't do it either, then maybe a repair of Windows might be in
    order.

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Nov 23, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    Howard Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > My sister(in nelson) has a problem with her internet connection... it
    > will connect up fine, but wont disconnect, she must re-start the
    > computer.

    I my experience this has always been fixed my un & reinstalling the modem
    driver.

    Worth a try ...
    Howard, Nov 24, 2003