    So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    T3 is approx 45Mbs

    Whats above that?

    Andrew, Mar 1, 2006

  2. Andrew

    Nova Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > Internet connections?
    >
    > So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    > T3 is approx 45Mbs
    >
    > Whats above that?

    T-1 - 1.544 megabits per second
    T-3 - 43.232 megabits per second
    OC-3 - 155 megabits per second
    OC-12 - 622 megabits per second
    OC-48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds
    OC-192 - 9.6 gigabits per second

    Nova, Mar 1, 2006

  3. Andrew

    krazy Bob Guest

    "Nova" <> wrote in message news:44061d65$...
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> Internet connections?
    >>
    >> So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    >> T3 is approx 45Mbs
    >>
    >> Whats above that?

    > T-1 - 1.544 megabits per second
    > T-3 - 43.232 megabits per second
    > OC-3 - 155 megabits per second
    > OC-12 - 622 megabits per second
    > OC-48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds
    > OC-192 - 9.6 gigabits per second

    *drools at 9.6gb a second*

    krazy Bob, Mar 1, 2006
  4. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    Nova wrote:
    > Andrew wrote:
    >> Internet connections?
    >>
    >> So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    >> T3 is approx 45Mbs
    >>
    >> Whats above that?

    > T-1 - 1.544 megabits per second
    > T-3 - 43.232 megabits per second
    > OC-3 - 155 megabits per second
    > OC-12 - 622 megabits per second
    > OC-48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds
    > OC-192 - 9.6 gigabits per second

    Thanks

    Andrew, Mar 1, 2006
  5. Andrew

    Andrew Guest

    krazy Bob wrote:
    > "Nova" <> wrote in message news:44061d65$...
    >> Andrew wrote:
    >>> Internet connections?
    >>>
    >>> So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    >>> T3 is approx 45Mbs
    >>>
    >>> Whats above that?

    >> T-1 - 1.544 megabits per second
    >> T-3 - 43.232 megabits per second
    >> OC-3 - 155 megabits per second
    >> OC-12 - 622 megabits per second
    >> OC-48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds
    >> OC-192 - 9.6 gigabits per second

    > *drools at 9.6gb a second*

    That would be nice....

    Trying to find a name for a 90mbit internet connection

    Andrew, Mar 1, 2006
  6. Andrew

    EMB Guest

    Andrew wrote:
    > krazy Bob wrote:
    >
    >> "Nova" <> wrote in message

    >>> T-1 - 1.544 megabits per second
    >>> T-3 - 43.232 megabits per second
    >>> OC-3 - 155 megabits per second
    >>> OC-12 - 622 megabits per second
    >>> OC-48 - 2.5 gigabits per seconds
    >>> OC-192 - 9.6 gigabits per second

    >> *drools at 9.6gb a second*
    >>

    > That would be nice....
    >
    > Trying to find a name for a 90mbit internet connection

    Fast

    --
    EMB

    EMB, Mar 2, 2006
  7. On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 11:34:40 +1300, someone purporting to be Andrew didst
    scrawl:

    > Internet connections?
    >
    > So T1 is 1.5Mbps right?
    > T3 is approx 45Mbs

    NZ uses the "E-carrier" standard not the "T-carrier" standard.
    An E1 is 2.048Mbps (32x64kbps), with the next common step being an E3
    (32.368Mbps) - though I've never heard of them being used here. Usually
    companies multiplex E1's, or they skip right over it and move to ATM.

    One of the reasons people don't use ISDN PRI here is that Telecon charge
    like, well, Telecon for the circuits when they're used for data. I've
    heard the figure $20k/month mentioned, but I can't remember how long ago
    that was.

    --
    Matthew Poole
    "Don't use force. Get a bigger hammer."