    his internet works fine. I dont know if this information is enough for
    someone to diagnose this very frustrating problem!I have basic to zero
    knowlegde about computers! Please help!

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5qaWU=?=, Aug 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?YW5qaWU=?=

    Frankster Guest

    The most likely cause it that the signal is too weak. How's the signal
    strength?

    The next likely cause is that your firewall is blocking it.

    The next likely cause is that is it a secured network and you are not
    authenticating with the correct passcode.

    More details.

    -Frank

    Frankster, Aug 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?YW5qaWU=?=

    Lem Guest

    anjie wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to connect to a wireless connection that my neighbour has!(he
    > suggested it) with a Belkin G+ MIMO notebook card. I seem to have been able
    > to instal the card and get the icon in the taskbar but cant connect to the
    > internet. The message that comes up is no signal orlimited connection. I can
    > see the network that my friend has set up on the available networks but can't
    > seem to connect to it to use the internet. I have tried using internet
    > explorer and Mozilla firefox but niether seems to like it! My friend is using
    > a router the Belkin G+MIMO router and has a desk top connected to this and
    > his internet works fine. I dont know if this information is enough for
    > someone to diagnose this very frustrating problem!I have basic to zero
    > knowlegde about computers! Please help!

    To determine if signal strength is the problem, pick up your notebook
    and carry it over to your neighbor's house. If you can connect there,
    then you know that you have configured things properly.

    If this is the case, you may have to get your own Internet service.
    Although it is possible to use high gain antennas to extend the range of
    wifi transmission (http://www.ezlan.net/antennae.html ;
    http://www.cantenna.com/) I don't know if this is possible with MIMO
    devices, which use multiple antennas.

    If you can't connect with your notebook in the same room as your
    neighbor's router, post back with more detail and we'll try to help sort
    it out.

    Lem, Aug 18, 2006
  4. You just need his WEP key. To test it have your neighbor make it unsecured.

    =?Utf-8?B?QklPIE1lZA==?=, Aug 19, 2006
  5. Thank you. It seems that the problem is with the signal. We have moved the
    router slightly and it seems to be working ok for now. Thank you so much for
    your help.

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5qaWU=?=, Aug 19, 2006