    It is like it does not even see any text there at all. I have not
    been able to find out how to fix this. If anyone has a suggestion, it
    would be greatly appreciated.
    Steven, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Steven

    Steven Guest

    "Boomer.." <> wrote in message news:<3f4df38e$0$51623$>...
    > Steven said:
    >
    > > I have encountered this on Windows XP and Windows ME.
    > > While going through the Internet Connection Wizard, will input all
    > > information to set up a new dialer, then at the last step, where
    > > it asks for a name for the connection, it will not accept the
    > > name. It tells me that it cannot begin with a period and such,
    > > however I have tried just leaving the My Connection to XXX-XXXX.
    > > This still fails. It is like it does not even see any text there
    > > at all. I have not been able to find out how to fix this. If
    > > anyone has a suggestion, it would be greatly appreciated.

    > Hi
    > Not exactly sure what you mean.
    >
    > Here are some generic steps to follow:
    > Using the Internet Connection Wizard
    > http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4132-834384,00.html
    > More at: http://tinyurl.com/lgj0

    I appreciate you replying to my message.
    Alrighty, on Step 3 of 3, where it asks for a name for the connection,
    if you do not type anything in that box, it will not accept it (can
    not have a file that does not have a name). Well, if I do, however,
    type a name, it will reject it just like I did not type anything
    there. It as if the wizard does not recognize text in that box at
    all.
    Steven, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Steven

    Steven Guest

    "Boomer.." <> wrote in message news:<3f4ebacb$0$51630$>...
    > Steven said:
    >
    > > "Boomer.." <> wrote in message

    > >> Hi
    > >> Not exactly sure what you mean.
    > >>
    > >> Here are some generic steps to follow:
    > >> Using the Internet Connection Wizard
    > >> http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4132-834384,00.html
    > >> More at: http://tinyurl.com/lgj0

    > > I appreciate you replying to my message.
    > > Alrighty, on Step 3 of 3, where it asks for a name for the
    > > connection, if you do not type anything in that box, it will not
    > > accept it (can not have a file that does not have a name). Well,
    > > if I do, however, type a name, it will reject it just like I did
    > > not type anything there. It as if the wizard does not recognize
    > > text in that box at all.

    > I understand...and very strange!
    > Are you on a LAN or anything different than a single connection setup?
    > Duplicate connection?
    > You have XP and ME on same drive?
    >
    > This is not quite your case (I'm still looking) but maybe a clue
    > here...
    >
    > "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281625
    > Make New Connection Wizard Selections Are Unavailable
    > and Other Issues Occur with the Network Connections
    > Folder"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281625
    >
    > Otherwise I would Google Groups
    > http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >
    > or ask at one or more of these groups:
    >
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    > microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    >
    > microsoft.public.windowsme.general
    > microsoft.public.windowsme.setup
    >
    > Hopefully someone has a clue to what the problems could be. (Probably
    > something simple!)

    Again I appreciate the input.
    The computers that I have experienced this on are two individual
    computers, (not on a network) and neither of them dual boot or
    anything special. I have tried a few of the microsoft groups. I will
    try some others however, thanks again for the input.
    Steven, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Steven

    Boomer.. Guest

    Steven said:

    > "Boomer.." <> wrote in message
    > .
    >> Steven said:
    >>
    >> > "Boomer.." <> wrote in message

    >> > I appreciate you replying to my message.
    >> > Alrighty, on Step 3 of 3, where it asks for a name for the
    >> > connection, if you do not type anything in that box, it will
    >> > not accept it (can not have a file that does not have a
    >> > name). Well, if I do, however, type a name, it will reject
    >> > it just like I did not type anything there. It as if the
    >> > wizard does not recognize text in that box at all.

    >> I understand...and very strange!
    >> Are you on a LAN or anything different than a single connection
    >> setup? Duplicate connection?
    >> You have XP and ME on same drive?
    >>
    >> This is not quite your case (I'm still looking) but maybe a
    >> clue here...
    >>
    >> "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281625
    >> Make New Connection Wizard Selections Are Unavailable
    >> and Other Issues Occur with the Network Connections
    >> Folder"
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281625
    >>
    >> Otherwise I would Google Groups
    >> http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search
    >>
    >> or ask at one or more of these groups:
    >>
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >> microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage
    >>
    >> microsoft.public.windowsme.general
    >> microsoft.public.windowsme.setup
    >>
    >> Hopefully someone has a clue to what the problems could be.
    >> (Probably something simple!)

    > Again I appreciate the input.
    > The computers that I have experienced this on are two individual
    > computers, (not on a network) and neither of them dual boot or
    > anything special. I have tried a few of the microsoft groups.
    > I will try some others however, thanks again for the input.

    You're welcome and I do hope that others can help you with the
    problems(s).
    Boomer.., Aug 31, 2003