    Can a virus of some sort slow down the internet connection, and i mean
    everything is just much slower than usual, not just a web browser problem,
    but everything!!!

    Adam Ross, Jul 17, 2003

  2. Adam Ross

    Nick Guest

    Absolutely, it could be slowing your connection by
    hogging your bandwidth with it's own communication.

    You could try doing a netstat to see what connections
    are open.
    --

    Nick
    A+, MCP

    Nick, Jul 17, 2003

  3. Adam Ross

    RussS Guest

    Usually a trojan or a worm would cause that.

    RussS, Jul 17, 2003
  4. Adam Ross

    1470 Guest

    Try running Spybot, http://security.kolla.de/

    youd be surprised just how slow your connection can become if you have
    spyware running in the background.

    HTH

    Darren

    1470, Jul 20, 2003