    get it to work in the afternoon and evening. During the down time, my
    router is picking up a neighbor's connection. What can I do to resolve
    this?
    Sharon Teper, Sep 29, 2005

  2. Sharon  Teper

    BobC Guest

    On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 23:45:22 -0400, Sharon Teper wrote:

    > I have a netgear wireless router and three different computers on it. It
    > works great in the morning but I have to keep on pressing hte repair icon to
    > get it to work in the afternoon and evening. During the down time, my
    > router is picking up a neighbor's connection. What can I do to resolve
    > this?

    Some options:
    Change the channel. Select your wireless network as preferred and only
    connect to the preferred network. In the wireless network list, move your
    network to the top of the list.

    And if you can connect to someone else's wireless network they can connect
    to yours unless you take some security precations such as changing the
    SSID, enabling WEP/WPA.
    BobC, Sep 29, 2005