    Any help is appreciated.
    TIA
    , May 3, 2008

  2. dadiOH Guest

    wrote:
    > Using XP SP2:
    > After boot and OS loading it takes about a minute before my broadband
    > connection works, this is the case with my old and my new ISP, so the
    > problem seems to be on my end.
    > Any ideas on why and how to fix it ?
    > Any help is appreciated.
    > TIA

    Just because youir desktop shows up it doesn't mean XP is finished with its
    chores...they go on for what seems like forever. During that time, the
    machine is either non-responsive or responds veeeerrry slowly to any user or
    user program input such as requests to load a program or access an internet
    site.

    All you can do is avoid having programs start at boot time. And that
    probably won't help a lot unless you have many set to run at start up.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, May 3, 2008

  3. Guest

    On 3 mei, 13:03, "dadiOH" <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Using XP SP2:
    > > After boot and OS loading it takes about a minute before my broadband
    > > connection works, this is the case with my old and my new ISP, so the
    > > problem seems to be on my end.
    > > Any ideas on why and how to fix it ?
    > > Any help is appreciated.
    > > TIA

    > Just because youir desktop shows up it doesn't mean XP is finished with its
    > chores...they go on for what seems like forever. During that time, the
    > machine is either non-responsive or responds veeeerrry slowly to any user or
    > user program input such as requests to load a program or access an internet
    > site.

    That's the strange bit about it. I have no problems opening and using
    programs, it's only the network connection that takes a minute to
    work.

    > All you can do is avoid having programs start at boot time. And that
    > probably won't help a lot unless you have many set to run at start up.

    AVG is the only one Guess I'll just have to start up the pc a minute
    before I need it ;)
    Thanks for replying.
    , May 3, 2008