    --
    -Phil Marshall-
    {remove 9 for mail}

    Phil Marshall, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Phil Marshall

    Duane Arnold Guest

    (Phil Marshall) wrote in
    news:20040217125126.413$:

    > I'm having a problem with my system. At times when I click on a
    > address in my favorites, or a link on a web site my system seems to be
    > 'searching' for where to go. It will just 'freeze' for 30 seconds or
    > more. Download speed is not effected.
    >
    > DSL SBC/Yahoo internet
    > Dell computer, Windows '98SE, IE 6+.
    > Using ZoneAlarm, AVP, SpyBot, Ad-aware. System is clean.
    >
    > Any ideas? Thanks!

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
    http://accs-net.com/hosts/HostsToggle/

    Use Active Ports (free use Google) to watch inbound and outbound
    connections to and from the machine.

    Use Ethereal (free) a packet sniffer to see outbound traffic that's leaving
    the machine and to what IP(s) traffic is outbound too.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Re: [reposted] Internet connection 'Sticks'

    Problem seems to be getting worse. Don't know what is causing it.

    --
    -Phil Marshall-
    {remove 9 for mail}

    Phil Marshall, Feb 27, 2004