    cause this misbehavior ?
    Thanks in advance.

    Mike

    Mike, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Hi
    The whole Internet is Not on the server that is 20 miles away, that is only
    the first Server in a chain of many depending on where you are going.
    You can try to install this free program, http://www.d3tr.de/download.html
    The following Screenshot is taken by using the List feature of 3DTrace as a
    list.
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/trace.jpg
    The table shows the result of multi ping from my computer through a Buffalo
    Router to Internet site 96.6.68.195*
    The important columns in the table (for this discussion) are the two in the
    middle. I.e. Min. ms and Max ms.
    The numbers there show a typical outcome. As the trace progress on the
    Internet the variation changes dramatically.
    Run it when you have a slow down and you might find where the problem is
    coming from.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 14, 2008