    What am I missing?????
    --
    Ron
    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uOTkxMQ==?=, Mar 23, 2006

  2. Make sure that the wireless clients are configured with a default gateway
    and a Primary DNS server address of 192.168.0.1.

    Doug Sherman
    MCSE, MCSA, MCP+I, MVP

    "Ron9911" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Dell 5150 acting as a host which uses a dial-up modum to access

    the
    > internet. I have no DSL available at my location. I have the host

    connected
    > via hard wire to port 1 of a Linksys Wireless G router WRT54G v5 which is
    > acting as a hub (switch). I then have 3 other computers (clients) trying

    > access the internet connection on the host using ICS. I set the IP
    > addresses manualy as follows:
    > 192.168.0.1 - host
    > 192.168.0.2 - router/hub
    > 192.168.0.3 - laptop/client
    > 192.168.0.4 - dell client
    > 192.168.0.5 - dell client
    > 192.168.0.6 - print server
    > The connections on 2 to 6 are wireless and they all will ping eachother

    and
    > work perfectly together as well as the host.
    > The problem is that the clients will not recognize the active internet
    > connection on the host with internet explorer. I have gone through the

    steps

    Doug Sherman [MVP], Mar 23, 2006

  3. Doug,

    The primary DNS Server is the "host" as listed 192.168.0.1 and the Default
    Gateway on the "Client" computers is set at the same address, as you suggest.
    There must be something else, maybe in the router/hub settings?? I don't
    think so though because the network shares information necessary.

    --
    Ron

    =?Utf-8?B?Um9uOTkxMQ==?=, Mar 26, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Um9uOTkxMQ==?=

    Socrates Guest

    Socrates, Mar 27, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Um9uOTkxMQ==?=

    Socrates Guest

    hi - you need to run the network wizard again on the client computers as the same wizard comes in different flavours when ICS is enabled.

    www.amw1.com/tips

    Socrates, Mar 28, 2006
  6. Thank you all for your assistance. The problem was with the DNS setting. It
    needed to be set to 192.168.0.1
    Thanks,
    --
    Ron