Internet connection share problem

Discussion in 'General Computer Support' started by Jskr1us, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Jskr1us

Jskr1us

What I am trying to do- I have an internet connection via wireless connection (very good) on an open network and I would like to connect to a set top box that has internet r45 connection and allows you to put in a IP address, sub mask and Gateway so the box can be updated automatically via internet connection(static or DHCP).
    Equipment I have available to me - D link Router, WGA Game adapter, Cross over cable, Network Hub, WAP54AG and 2 Wireless adapters (1 is used to get to the internet via open network but the other one only gets a poor signal from the open network).
    I know I will not need all of these items but hope knowing will help you give me my best and easiest method.I have tried every witch way via direct connection with cross over and xp ICS but still can not get the box to get a connection or IP and when I connect a bridge I loose the Internet capability on the Wireless adaptor. Your help will be greatly appreciated.8)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Jskr1us, Apr 27, 2009
    1. Advertising

2. Jskr1us

jbuyers

crossover cables are tricky dicky... I would suggest linux on both machines - are we there yet?

jbuyers, Jun 22, 2009
    1. Advertising

3. Jskr1us

aliza

what would you suggest if someone does not like to implement linux?
    Ithink there must be some other solution for connection sharing instead of converting to linux.
    wat do u say?

aliza, Jul 21, 2009
    1. Advertising