    I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.

    I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
    fails.
    John, Feb 29, 2008

  2. John

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:11:44 -0800, John <>
    wrote:

    >I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.

    The next what?

    >I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.

    And you do this how?

    >Does anyone know what the problem could be?

    Be a tad more specific as to "it doesn't work".

    >I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.

    Did they have you perform any tests?

    >I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
    >fails.

    Sorry my crystal ball is in the shop.
    Evan Platt, Feb 29, 2008

  3. John

    John Guest

    John, Mar 1, 2008
  4. John

    chuckie® Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.
    >
    > I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.
    >

    > Does anyone know what the problem could be?
    >

    > I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.
    >
    > I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
    > fails.

    In Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings
    button>untick anything that is ticked, like 'Automatically detect settings'
    and so forth.
    In Control Panel>Network and Dial Up Connections>right click Local Area
    Connection>this should show your Ethernet adapter and the 'components', the
    components should be Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol
    (TCP/IP)
    Leastways, that's what mine is set for, and I use SBC Yahoo DSL. If you
    find anything else, you might want to call them and see if your setup is
    different for a good reason, or your settings are wrong...luck...
    chuckie®, Mar 1, 2008
  5. John

    ken Guest

    123
    "John" <>
    ???????:...

    ken, Mar 2, 2008
  6. John

    Plato Guest

    John wrote:

    > I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
    > fails.

    Get your ISP to give you a new modem then.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Mar 4, 2008