    News groups are working fine with OE express.
    Thanks
    Don

    Don, Mar 4, 2006

  2. Don

    Mike Easter Guest

    Don wrote:
    > I can't get IE 6.0 to connect to any site, not even my home page.

    > News groups are working fine with OE express.

    As one troubleshooting step, it would be useful to know if you can open
    IE without it trying to go to any page, including your home page -- so
    configuring to open to a blank page would help show that.

    You can configure for a blank page by R clicking the IE icon on the
    desktop and then using Properties to access Internet properties and
    clicking 'use blank' for home page. You can also make that change in
    the CP control panel item Internet Options.

    If you can open IE to a blank page, then you would like to know if you
    can access a site by its IP. Not all website servers will allow that,
    but many will, such as google which is http://66.102.7.104 among others.
    Yahoo will do it too http://66.94.230.40 and others.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 4, 2006

  3. Don

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:34:37 +0000, Don wrote:

    > I can't get IE 6.0 to connect to any site, not even my home page.
    > I am in Arlington Texas.
    > News groups are working fine with OE express.
    > Thanks
    > Don

    Good luck with that little tidbit of info to work on.

    Meat Plow, Mar 4, 2006
  4. Don

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 13:34:37 GMT, "Don" <>
    wrote:

    >I can't get IE 6.0 to connect to any site, not even my home page.
    >I am in Arlington Texas.
    >News groups are working fine with OE express.
    >Thanks
    >Don

    Check your firewall program control (if any). IE must be given full
    permission/allow status.

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Mar 5, 2006