internet connection continuity issue

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by wayne eckstein, May 24, 2005.

1. a.. Even when actively surfing, or composing e-mail The DSL modem drops my connection randomly. I reconnect and everything is fine until the next time it happens.
    b.. If I am playing music from the internet it some times dumps but the interval between disconnections is longer and I have seen the modem reconnect automatically.
    c.. If I am using Microsoft Express composing or writing or surfing it will disconnect but will not automatically reconnect.
    d.. Any time I have to manually reconnect it only takes seconds to re-establish a live connection where-as a boot from cold the connect takes over a minute
    e.. I have physically replace the telephone wall jack, un-plugged & re-plugged all telephone cables associated with the computer, and did the same with the network cat5 cable between the modem and the computer.
    f.. I have disconnected another telephone that I have in the house as a test.
    g.. I have called in twice to customer support and they ran an integrity test on the connection line both time the line test passed.
    h.. I moved the DSL modem from in close proximity to the power connection to a shelf away from any RF interference.
    Now here is questions & absolute facts from me:

Prior to the Webroot service patch/upgrade I had no problems. As a test I turned it off but still had the problem. I have had WorldNet service for several years and I never had problems with "inactivity shut down" Has WorldNet changed anything in the past month or so? If because WorldNet has increased demand on their servers they have established an "Inactivity shut down" I need for you to tell me so that I don't drive myself frantic looking for a problem on my end.

wayne eckstein, May 24, 2005
    1. Advertising

2. wayne eckstein

Mike Easter Guest

wayne eckstein wrote:
    Content-Type: text/html;

Housekeeping: you are posting to a newsgroup in html. Bad netiquette.
    Configure your OE to newsgroup post in plaintext.

OE/ Tools/ Options/ Send tab - News Sending Format section - Check Plain
    Text, not html.

--
    Mike Easter

Mike Easter, May 24, 2005
    1. Advertising