  1. caribsurf

    caribsurf Guest

    how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp pro?

    caribsurf, Dec 30, 2003

  2. caribsurf

    gangle Guest

    You can't use a dial up connection simultaneously on
    two computers. You have to take turns.

    "caribsurf" wrote

    gangle, Dec 30, 2003

  3. caribsurf

    Guest

    , Dec 30, 2003
  4. caribsurf wrote:
    > how can we share an internet dial up connection on two pc's with xp
    > pro?

    Get the two machines networked, ethernet, USB, whatever. Then configure
    Windows internet sharing options. One machine with the modem and phone-line
    will have to be on and connected to the 'net before the other machine can
    access the 'net.

    michael turner, Dec 30, 2003
  5. caribsurf

    why? Guest

    why?, Dec 30, 2003
  6. caribsurf

    ErmYouKnow Guest

    Pah, a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

    ErmYouKnow, Dec 30, 2003
  7. caribsurf

    Guest

    , Jan 2, 2004
  8. caribsurf

    why? Guest

    On 2 Jan 2004 08:21:19 -0800, wrote:

    >> Netgear www.netgear.com I think had a dial up router , it's been a while
    >> since I last looked.
    >>
    >> http://www.netgear.com/products/details/FR328S.asp?view=
    >> nope it was dial up as a backup connection, may it will work as the
    >> primary connection?

    >I don't have a comment on that equipment, but I suggest you consider
    >that NetGear has an unsatisfactory rating from the Better Business
    >Bureau:
    >http://www.bbbsilicon.org/common.ht...bindr/report.php&bureau=sanjose&compid=210357

    Been happy with my RT314 and GS104, and various hubs and switches used
    at work over many years.

    Have 1 issue with a 11 month old faulty NIC, trying to sort via email at
    present.

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2004