    etc?
    Sounds like something that could really sell.
    I googled the subject and found nothing worthwhile.
    Ed, Jan 25, 2007

  2. Ed

    tom Guest

    "Ed" <> wrote in message
    news:l65uh.66401$...
    > Has anyone seen a smoke detector unit that can alert via internet or

    dialup
    > etc?
    > Sounds like something that could really sell.
    > I googled the subject and found nothing worthwhile.

    The alarm system in my home has smoke detectors attached to it that employs
    a dialer that I has been programed to alert the fire department, work phone
    and my cell phone.
    tom, Jan 25, 2007

  3. Ed

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:42:57 GMT, Ed wrote:

    >Has anyone seen a smoke detector unit that can alert via internet or dialup
    >etc?
    >Sounds like something that could really sell.
    >I googled the subject and found nothing worthwhile.

    That would not be the smoke detector but the alarm system it's attached
    to. This is quite common and perhaps already sells well on a worldwide
    basis.

    Me
    why?, Jan 25, 2007
  4. On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:42:57 GMT, "Ed" <>
    wrote:

    >Has anyone seen a smoke detector unit that can alert via internet or dialup
    >etc?
    >Sounds like something that could really sell.
    >I googled the subject and found nothing worthwhile.

    A friend of mine has a gadget that sends his "house status" to his
    mobile phone. It includes all the fire and intruder detection. I think
    that is more useful than an Internet alert.

    http://www.easynn.com
    Steve Wolstenholme, Jan 25, 2007