Internet access for remote site over dedicated T1 line w/ Cisco 1720s

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by rex, Sep 29, 2005.

  1. rex

    rex Guest

    Please Please Please help!!!!!

    Site A has a Dedicated T1 Point-to-Point with Site B using cisco 1720
    routers. Site A also has a cisco 2501 router for internet access.
    Site A can get to the internet. I want site be to be able to use Site
    A's connection to the internet through the dedicated T1. Check the
    specs and tell me what I'm doing wrong:

    Site A:
    cisco 1720- WAN Serial0= 192.168.1.254
    LAN Ethernet= 10.10.40.254

    cisco 2501- LAN ethernet= 10.10.40.1

    Site B:
    cisco 1720- WAN Serial0= 192.168.1.253
    LAN ethernet= 10.10.50.254

    Now here's the real treachery. My SIte B router can only see (ping)the
    Site A cisco 1720. My Site B clients, though can ping and see any
    clients in site A but not the 2501 router in Site A. I've already
    changed the default route to all possible options...Nothing. All my
    traceroutes from Site B router stop at 192.168.1.254. My firewall has
    given free roaming privileges to Site B (the 10... and 192...)...Still
    nothing. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing a protocol? something
    not enabled? If more info is needed please let me know. I'm drowning
    here. I have decent working knowledge of networks but my cisco router
    configuring is still young. Please, explain like I'm slow.
    Thanks in advance
    rex, Sep 29, 2005

  2. rex

    cisco Guest

    first are you using any dynamic routing protocol like rip,ospf anything
    ?

    If not and you dont intend to then try this
    on site a 2501 configure a static route
    ip route 10.10.50.0 255.255.255.0 10.10.40.254

    next configure on site B
    ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.1.254

    on the b site use 10.10.50.254 as your default gateway.

    what i think is happening is that may be the 2501 router does not know
    how to get to site b . in other words 2501 does not have a route to
    site b. you can confirm this by looking at your routing table command
    is
    show ip route
    so i put a static route on 2501 to send all the traffic to site b to
    the 1720 at site A

    next on B site i put a default route to site a and asked the router on
    site B to send all traffic to site A . once the traffic comes to site A
    it should be ok.

    There still remains lot of questions un answered . do you have nat
    configured but we can get to that after you try this please if possible
    try to do this after office hours and also post your running configs .

    thanks
    should work i think
    cisco, Sep 29, 2005

  3. rex

    rex Guest

    Thank you an extraodinary amount. I'll try it tonight and let you
    know.

    rex, Sep 29, 2005