    helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
    get back to normal operation.

    What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

    RR, Feb 19, 2007

  2. I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
    dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
    installation dependencies!

    dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
    probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 19, 2007

  3. RR

    RR Guest

    Tony Sperling wrote:
    > I doubt it that it messes with your system as such - it may be Java or
    > dotNet dependent, check your installed versions and check the Site for
    > installation dependencies!
    >
    > dotNet frameworks is about to be released in it's third version - you
    > probably should have v. 2.0 anyway.
    >

    > Tony. . .
    >

    > "RR" <> wrote in message
    >> I am using Firefox web browser with Windows XP64 to view mapquest.com,
    >> but after a minute or two of pushing the map around web access is
    >> completely non functional. Internet explorer is also non functional. I
    >> have already asked my ISP about this. They had me change or enable my
    >> activex and reboot my computer and router but abviousely it has not
    >> helped. If I reboot my computer and router and wait a while I am able to
    >> get back to normal operation.
    >>
    >> What is mapquest doing that messes my system up?

    how do I check and where would I get frameworks?

    RR, Feb 20, 2007
  4. Java:

    http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

    it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
    which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
    use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.

    dotNet:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en

    Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 20, 2007
  5. RR

    RR Guest

    Tony Sperling wrote:
    > Java:
    >
    > http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
    >
    > it's JRE6 you want. At some point after Download/Install, I don't remember
    > which - you are offered an option to check for your successful installation,
    > use it - it then installs itself in your Programs Start Menu.
    >
    > dotNet:
    >

    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
    >
    > Check both sites regularly ( every once in a quarter? ) for new versions.
    >

    > Tony. . .

    would doing the Windows updates do the same thing ?

    RR, Feb 21, 2007
  6. RR

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    Windows Update will get you the .NET Framework (it's an optional update) but
    not the Java Runtime Environment.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 21, 2007
  7. RR

    Dshai Guest

    For the Java Runtime Enviroment go to http://java.com/en/ and click on
    Download Now.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 21, 2007