    max Guest

    Anyone else having problems accessing international websites with
    xtra? There network status shows no problems.

    I am getting packet loss, and it stalls at wcg.net

    202.50.116.178 p1-3.sjbr1.global-gateway.net.nz NZ
    GateNational Service Provider

    202.37.245.230 so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz NZ Gate
    National Service Provider

    198.32.176.139 sntcca2lce1.wcg.net Asia Global Crossing Japan IP
    hub

    max, Oct 14, 2003

  2. max

    jedmesiter Guest

    Yes!!! I had these problems about the same time...I phoned xtra business
    support, but they had left their phone off the hook, after navigating their
    phone menu system.

    So, called 123, advised them of the problem, while they were investigating,
    everything began working around 1.45pm on the 14th.

    jedmesiter, Oct 15, 2003

  3. max

    T.N.O. Guest

    "max" wrote
    > Xtra didn't see this as being their
    > problem, even though it was an issue with one of their third party
    > suppliers.

    If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
    through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City Council?

    after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
    Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to go
    through Wellington(the problem).

    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003
  4. max

    max Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 13:07:29 +1300, "jedmesiter"
    <> wrote:

    >Yes!!! I had these problems about the same time...I phoned xtra business
    >support, but they had left their phone off the hook, after navigating their
    >phone menu system.
    >
    >So, called 123, advised them of the problem, while they were investigating,
    >everything began working around 1.45pm on the 14th.
    >

    >"max" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone else having problems accessing international websites with
    >> xtra? There network status shows no problems.
    >>
    >> I am getting packet loss, and it stalls at wcg.net
    >>
    >> 202.50.116.178 p1-3.sjbr1.global-gateway.net.nz NZ
    >> GateNational Service Provider
    >>
    >> 202.37.245.230 so-1-3-0-0.pabr3.global-gateway.net.nz NZ Gate
    >> National Service Provider
    >>
    >> 198.32.176.139 sntcca2lce1.wcg.net Asia Global Crossing Japan IP
    >> hub

    Thing started working for me around 6pm. Read the post below regarding
    xtra, as it was the same problem. Xtra didn't see this as being their

    max, Oct 15, 2003
  5. max

    AD. Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:47:58 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
    > through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City
    > Council?
    >
    > after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
    > Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to
    > go through Wellington(the problem).

    I'd say its more like:

    You order a widget from a reseller that ends up backordered from the
    importer. Who do you get to follow this up?

    or

    A package is being couriered to you (in Picton) from Auckland, but held up
    in a traffic jam in Wellington. Who do you call about this?

    I reckon it would be the reseller and the courier respectively myself.

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Oct 15, 2003
  6. max

    max Guest

    On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:22:41 +1300, "AD." <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:47:58 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> If there is a traffic jam on a street in wellington, and no traffic going
    >> through, is the traffic jam the responsability of the Auckland City
    >> Council?
    >>
    >> after all, the roads are connected? and if you want to get from
    >> Auckland(your provider) to Picton(the games provider) you wou.ld have to
    >> go through Wellington(the problem).

    >I'd say its more like:
    >
    >You order a widget from a reseller that ends up backordered from the
    >importer. Who do you get to follow this up?
    >
    >or
    >
    >A package is being couriered to you (in Picton) from Auckland, but held up
    >in a traffic jam in Wellington. Who do you call about this?
    >
    >I reckon it would be the reseller and the courier respectively myself.
    >
    >Cheers
    >Anton

    Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
    The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

    max, Oct 15, 2003
  7. max

    T.N.O. Guest

    "max" wrote
    > Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
    > The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

    Fine, either way, we will never know what fixed it, could have been Mr
    Helpdesk, could have been the message on the voicemail.

    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003
  8. max

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > "max" wrote
    > > Yes you start at the first point of contact, then work your way down.
    > > The contract is of course with the first point of contact.

    > Fine, either way, we will never know what fixed it, could have been Mr
    > Helpdesk, could have been the message on the voicemail.

    I got paradise to fix the ERROR_PPP_NO_PROTOCOLS_CONFIGURED error. Took
    them about a week to sort it out.

    Mainlander, Oct 15, 2003
  9. max

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Mainlander" wrote
    > I got paradise to fix the ERROR_PPP_NO_PROTOCOLS_CONFIGURED error. Took
    > them about a week to sort it out.

    what was the cause?

    T.N.O., Oct 15, 2003