    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 15, 2009

  2. Graham.

    Guest

    Graham. schreef:
    > We seem to do very well indeed in this country for free geographic VoIP
    > numbers from the likes of Sipgate, Orbtalk, Tesco and Localphone, and
    > that's just of the top of my head.
    >
    > So what about other countries, I have a US Washington one from IPKall.com
    > and recently discovered www.euteliavoip.com and acquired an Italian (Chieti)
    > number and a Romanian (Bucharest) number, they do all the UK codes too,
    > but I am beginning to wonder who doesn't!
    >
    > So, anyone know of any other countries I could add to my collection :)

    What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
    there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 16, 2009

  3. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    > What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
    > there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

    ....I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883

    Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
    I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 16, 2009
  4. Graham.

    Guest

    Graham. schreef:
    >> What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
    >> there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum number...

    > ...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883
    >
    > Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
    > I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:)

    But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.
    And most people have Internet by now....

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 19, 2009
  5. Graham.

    Graham. Guest

    > Graham. schreef:
    >>> What about www.huizenwireless.nl ? if you ask this guy something nicely,
    >>> there are a lot of things possible... you might even get a iNum
    >>> number...

    >> ...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883
    >>
    >> Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
    >> I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:)
    >>

    > But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.

    That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
    are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
    Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.

    > And most people have Internet by now....

    Not sure what you mean, but if the Internet had been invented before
    the PSTN, we wouldn't have needed the PSTN
    ..

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., Jul 20, 2009
  6. Graham.

    Guest

    Graham. schreef:
    >>> ...I think that's excatly what they gave me, 15 digits starting with 883
    >>>
    >>> Why can't I seem to get excited about this?
    >>> I would much rather have an Amsterdam one:)
    >>>

    >> But not for a free account, you have to pay for that, in most countries.

    > That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
    > are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
    > Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.
    >
    >> And most people have Internet by now....

    > Not sure what you mean, but if the Internet had been invented before
    > the PSTN, we wouldn't have needed the PSTN
    > .

    I only have ADSL2+ over my copper wires.
    Most telco's offer also adsl in a package and most VSP's offer phone
    service, such a VSP takes over the PSTN line, which becomes voip,
    so even many homes, don't have an analog phone connection anymore, only
    analog phones, that are connected to the ATA/modem/router.
    That's the situation here in the Netherlands, most other dense populated
    countries have the same setup i guess, our main telco in the Netherlands
    , already announced it migration date from the old PSTN system, to
    switch over.
    It's done for PSTN, just like analog tv.
    If your contacts have also ADSL, you even can make a setup, to make free
    phonecalls, iNum, and Sipbroker can help you with this to make
    connections between contacts on different networks.
    Don't focus too much on telco's
    You can also use a IP phone, which you plug directly in your router.

    btw.
    www.pimpmynumber.co.uk/

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , Jul 20, 2009
  7. Graham.

    alexd Guest

    Graham. wrote:

    > That's my point, British PSTN (Magrathea Telecom?) numbers
    > are freely available from many source, both domestic and international.
    > Other countries numbers don't seem nearly as availible without paying.

    I believe in the UK the owner of the number gets a termination fee, which
    presumably covers the cost of giving it away for free.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    20:33:11 up 76 days, 8:34, 1 user, load average: 0.20, 0.17, 0.17

    alexd, Jul 21, 2009