    -- Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    Southern Kiwi, Jun 1, 2006

  2. Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > dialup clearnet, deep south

    From here it appears that the Telstra/clear/Paradise "transparent" http cache
    has lost some international routes.

    For example: I can't see Slashdot, but I can traceroute to it.

    Why Telstra/Clear/Paradise have not yet given themselves the ability to disable
    the cache when it breaks I do not know.

    I'm told Australia had some trouble with the Southern Cross Cable yesterday.
    Mark Robinson, Jun 1, 2006

  3. "Sue Bilstein" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 18:35:20 +1200, Mark Robinson
    > <2tod.net> wrote:
    >
    >>Southern Kiwi wrote:
    >>> dialup clearnet, deep south

    >> From here it appears that the Telstra/clear/Paradise "transparent" http
    >> cache
    >>has lost some international routes.
    >>For example: I can't see Slashdot, but I can traceroute to it.
    >>Why Telstra/Clear/Paradise have not yet given themselves the ability to
    >>disable
    >>the cache when it breaks I do not know.
    >>I'm told Australia had some trouble with the Southern Cross Cable
    >>yesterday.

    > Now waiting for the avalanche of posts slagging Clear, you know, same
    > as what happens if Telecom has an outage.

    Nope, don't think it will happen................famous last words??
    Southern Kiwi, Jun 1, 2006
  4. Southern Kiwi

    Sue Bilstein Guest

    Sue Bilstein, Jun 1, 2006
  5. In article <447e8899$>, southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    says...
    > dialup clearnet, deep south

    I had huge problems accessing news.individual.net around lunchtime.
    Read a message or two, the connection would drop off. Going through Iconz.

    Came right later in the afternoon.

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jun 1, 2006
  6. On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 18:56:57 +1200, Peter Huebner <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    >In article <447e8899$>, southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com
    >says...
    >> dialup clearnet, deep south
    >>

    >I had huge problems accessing news.individual.net around lunchtime.
    >Read a message or two, the connection would drop off. Going through Iconz.
    >
    >Came right later in the afternoon.

    Thanks for mentioning this. I had a similar problem, only earlier and
    then, intermittently, from around lunchtime onwards. I also use
    individual.net.
    Robert Feigel, Jun 1, 2006