International fax from Vonage VOIP?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Hemant Shah, Nov 29, 2004.

  1. Hemant Shah

    Hemant Shah Guest

    Folks,

    I am having problem sending Fax to India from a Vonage Fax line. I can send
    fax to anywhere in U.S. and receive fax from U.S. and India. I have a
    Panasonic fax machine. If I use the auto dial on my ax machine it times out
    and goes into re-dial mode because it takes long time for vonage to make
    the conneciton. I also tried to dial the number manually and wait for the
    other fax machine to pickup and press start button, but it does not make
    connection.

    Is there something I can do with vonage setting or my fax machine setting
    so I can send fax to India through vonage fax line?

    This could be a deal killer for me. I want to get rid of SBC, but I also
    need to send fax to India.

    Thanks.

    --
    Hemant Shah /"\ ASCII ribbon campaign