    translation won't work I am just wondering if there are also any other
    viable configurations within the firewall. Its a PIX 506E. Thanks.

    David
    dnuckle, Nov 16, 2006

  2. dnuckle

    Chad Mahoney Guest

    dnuckle wrote:
    > Ok so I have an internal webserver but the DNS we use is external. My
    > solution was to add an entry into the hosts files of the computers so
    > they would know not to access the internet to be able to find the
    > server. Does anyone else have solutions to this problem? Since port
    > translation won't work I am just wondering if there are also any other
    > viable configurations within the firewall. Its a PIX 506E. Thanks.
    >
    > David

    What version of software is the PIX running?

    This should help DNS Doctoring

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products...ucts_tech_note09186a0080094aee.shtml#backinfo
    Chad Mahoney, Nov 16, 2006

  3. dnuckle

    Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    dnuckle <> wrote:
    >Ok so I have an internal webserver but the DNS we use is external. My
    >solution was to add an entry into the hosts files of the computers so
    >they would know not to access the internet to be able to find the
    >server. Does anyone else have solutions to this problem?

    One solution would be to take one of the machines gathering dust in
    the store room and running a DNS server that knows how to do split
    DNS.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com
    Rod Dorman, Nov 16, 2006
  4. dnuckle

    dnuckle Guest

    I would honestly love to do that but it's for a client so that's not up
    to me.

    dnuckle, Nov 16, 2006