    hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
    had been cut off!

    Any suggestions?

    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 14, 2007

  2. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes explained :
    > I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller display
    > problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and plug my
    > house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets scattered
    > around the house.
    >
    > Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for someone
    > else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for yoooo" ! The
    > other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the call could be
    > picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and when I pressed
    > hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
    > had been cut off!
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Your dect handsets should be able to transfer calls to another handset
    registered to the same base station.

    Are your 5 handsets on the same base station, or 5 different base
    stations?

    If the latter, shout "it's for yoooo" /before/ you hang up & /after/
    "yooo" has answered.

    Jono, Mar 14, 2007

  3. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
    > I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller display
    > problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and plug my
    > house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets scattered
    > around the house.
    >
    > Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for someone
    > else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for yoooo" ! The
    > other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the call could be
    > picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and when I pressed
    > hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take up the call they
    > had been cut off!
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
    phones will start ringing again....

    Jono, Mar 14, 2007
  4. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
    >> I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
    >> display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
    >> plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
    >> scattered around the house.
    >>
    >> Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for
    >> someone else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for
    >> yoooo" ! The other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the
    >> call could be picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call
    >> and when I pressed hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to
    >> take up the call they had been cut off!
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
    > phones will start ringing again....

    Thanks for your help - they are all on the base station - I will try your
    suggestions

    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 14, 2007
  5. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
    >> I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
    >> display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
    >> plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
    >> scattered around the house.
    >>
    >> Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for
    >> someone else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for
    >> yoooo" ! The other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the
    >> call could be picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call
    >> and when I pressed hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to
    >> take up the call they had been cut off!
    >>
    >> Any suggestions?

    > Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
    > phones will start ringing again....

    Sorted! Thank you - now back to the Caller ID Problem!

    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 14, 2007
  6. Port Admiral Haynes

    Jono Guest

    Port Admiral Haynes formulated on Wednesday :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :
    >>> I have a SPA3102 I am struggling to get to grips with! Despite caller
    >>> display problems, which I am working on, I decided to go live with it and
    >>> plug my house phone system into it. I have 5 NTL VS2000 DECT Handsets
    >>> scattered around the house.
    >>>
    >>> Previously when we had an incoming call via my BT line, that was for
    >>> someone else we used to press the "hang up" and then shout "it's for
    >>> yoooo" ! The other person pressed the dial key on another handset and the
    >>> call could be picked up from there. Just tried this during a PSTN call and
    >>> when I pressed hang up it hung up and when the other person tried to take
    >>> up the call they had been cut off!
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions?

    >> Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
    >> phones will start ringing again....
    >>

    > Sorted! Thank you - now back to the Caller ID Problem!

    Flippin' 'eck.

    I thought you'd discovered it was a failing of the phone, not the
    ATA...?

    Jono, Mar 14, 2007
  7. "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Port Admiral Haynes formulated on Wednesday :
    >> "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >>> Port Admiral Haynes explained on 14/03/2007 :

    >>> Try pressing the recall button before you hang up. With any luck, your
    >>> phones will start ringing again....
    >>>

    >> Sorted! Thank you - now back to the Caller ID Problem!

    > Flippin' 'eck.
    >
    > I thought you'd discovered it was a failing of the phone, not the ATA...?

    I am sure you are right - it's just that I have tried four different makes
    of DECT phone. Three gave the truncated caller display whilst the fourth -
    an old Philips phone with no ability to store names in the phone book -
    worked. Also if I power off the ATA and dial in on my PSTN line the caller
    display is correct on all phones.

    I am going to post my config on Voxilla when I get a moment so you can look
    at my config.

    Thank you for your continuing help.

    Port Admiral Haynes, Mar 14, 2007
  8. Port Admiral Haynes

    Tim Guest

    Jono wrote:
    > I thought you'd discovered it was a failing of the phone, not the ATA...?

    Could it be that the DECT phones aren't UK spec? And the OP should
    try some different called ID types?

    Tim

    Tim, Mar 15, 2007