    work or would I need to also purchase an ethernet card in order to get it
    working?
    Thanks for your help!

    Dan, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Dan

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    news:
    >| I'm a little illiterate when it comes to Internal modems. I am
    >| wondering, do I need to purchase an ethernet card in order to use an
    >| ADSL internal PCI modem? I have the PCI slots so would I just need
    >| to plug it in and it would work or would I need to also purchase an
    >| ethernet card in order to get it working?
    >| Thanks for your help!

    Your internal PCI modem is complete. You only need a NIC (ethernet card) if
    you have an external modem or modem/router setup.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Dan

    Anan Amis Guest

    "Dan" <> wrote in message
    > I'm a little illiterate when it comes to Internal modems. I am wondering,
    > do I need to purchase an ethernet card in order to use an ADSL internal

    PCI
    > modem? I have the PCI slots so would I just need to plug it in and it

    would
    > work or would I need to also purchase an ethernet card in order to get it
    > working?
    > Thanks for your help!

    You don't need an ethernet card . Just install the dsl modem in a pci slot,
    then plug the dsl (phone) line into the modem. An external dsl modem
    connected to a router, then the router connected to an ethernet card would
    be better, but it will work the way your doing it.

    Anan Amis, Jul 18, 2004
  4. Dan

    Shel-hed Guest

    With an internal pci adsl modem, you don't need an ethernet card as well. Be warned
    that most if not all of these use your cpu for processing, kinda like a winmodem.
    If you plan on doing any networking, you are better off with an external ethernet
    style (as opposed to USB) modem.
    Actually, just go ethernet period.

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 15:20:59 +1200, "Dan" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Jul 18, 2004
  5. Not trying to be picky, honest, but you can buy external modems with
    USB connectors, so don't even need an ethernet card. However,
    ethernet is certainly the prefered configuration.

    Edward W. Thompson, Jul 18, 2004
  6. Dan

    Spook Guest

    No you will not need an Ethernet Card as you modem will be PCI based.
    If you have Etehrnet ports on the modem this will allow you to connect
    to other devices such as PS2, X-Box or antoher PC even.

    Hope that helps

    Spook

    Spook, Jul 18, 2004