    bugs me that the b.band lights stay on when disconnected using a
    right-click!!).this can't be right, can it??

    ---
    fredcromer, Apr 18, 2004

  2. fredcromer

    The Prophecy Guest

    fredcromer wrote:
    > I bought the comp with a modem installed( A GENIUS..whatever), I
    > registered with tiscali B,BAND and they sent me a 'sagem' one that i
    > connected up...it's external...In device manager..it seems that both
    > are there, but when I disconnect the sagem on screen, the lights on
    > it, stay on, and shouldn't..I didn't want to unscrew the GENIUS
    > internal one 'cos it might be important to the computer for 'VOICE'
    > things(Apps), anyway, would it B OK just to tale the HD apart and
    > remove the internal one, and be done with it??....I BET LOADS OF COMP
    > USERS have an internal, and EXT one...wot did you do....ALL THE
    > BEST.FRED C...(it shows no conflicts, or errors, it just bugs me that
    > the b.band lights stay on when disconnected using a
    > right-click!!).this can't be right, can it??
    >

    > ---

    See links below......

    --
    Creating a Good Newsgroup Post:

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#asking
    The Prophecy, Apr 19, 2004

  3. fredcromer

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    fredcromer wrote:

    > I bought the comp with a modem installed( A GENIUS..whatever), I registered
    > with tiscali B,BAND and they sent me a 'sagem' one that i connected
    > up...it's external...In device manager..it seems that both are there, but
    > when I disconnect the sagem on screen, the lights on it, stay on, and
    > shouldn't..I didn't want to unscrew the GENIUS internal one 'cos it might be
    > important to the computer for 'VOICE' things(Apps), anyway, would it B OK
    > just to tale the HD apart and remove the internal one, and be done with
    > it??....I BET LOADS OF COMP USERS have an internal, and EXT one...wot did
    > you do....ALL THE BEST.FRED C...(it shows no conflicts, or errors, it just
    > bugs me that the b.band lights stay on when disconnected using a
    > right-click!!).this can't be right, can it??

    Pulling out the internal modem would not make any difference at all to
    an external ADSL modem.

    If the lights really bother you, then switch the modem off. The lights
    you are seeing are probably the power light and the link light.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Apr 19, 2004