    this problem?
    thanks... charlie

    , Jan 1, 2007

  2. "" <> wrote in
    news::

    > In the last couple of days I've had problems with the wireless
    > conection to my Linksys router.The list of available networks
    > normally shows several (the neighbors), and now it sometimes shows
    > one or none. Also when I am connected the speed is slow. I talked
    > with a neighbor who has the same problem. I'm suspecting some type
    > of RF interference. How do I go about determining whether this is
    > the case and resolving this problem?

    It's possible that you do have interference. Wireless-G routers share
    the same frequencies with 2 GHz cordless phones.
    Try connecting to the Linksys Router configuration page and change the
    channel used by the router. Preferred channels are 1, 6, and 11. The
    default is usually 6. Try changing it to 1 or 11 and see if that
    channel has less interference.

    Good Luck,
    John

    John Wunderlich, Jan 1, 2007

  3. Guest

    Thanks - I tried that with no success. Any other options?
    Can I use some sort of shield to try to determine the direction of the
    signal, maybe a baking pan or some heavy metal object?
    Can the FCC help with this?

    , Jan 1, 2007