Intermittent disconnections on PIX to IOS VPN

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Mickey Sauk, Jun 1, 2004.

  1. Mickey Sauk

    Mickey Sauk Guest

    Hello,

    we currently have a VPN set up between a cisco router 1712 and a PIX 525.
    It has been working fine during a time and we have now some problems of
    intermittent disconnections (up for about 1 min, down for about 30s).

    After further investigation on the PIX firewall we understood that the
    reason of these disconnections were a negotiation between the two
    equipments. The following error message appears at each disconnection:

    402101: decaps: rec'd IPSEC packet has invalid spi for destaddr=(Removed),
    prot=esp, spi=0

    The error is referenced in cisco documentation, but the only indication is
    to synchronize clocks between equipments, and our equipments are
    synchronized.
    I've found a lot of similar cases on the cisco forums but no answer.

    Does anybody have any idea ?
    Thanks.

    /Mickey

    Mickey Sauk, Jun 1, 2004

  2. Mickey Sauk

    Guest

    What version of PIX software are you running?

    , Jun 1, 2004

  3. Mickey Sauk

    Mickey Sauk Guest

    Mister said in news::

    > What version of PIX software are you running?

    6.3(1)

    Mickey Sauk, Jun 2, 2004
  4. Mickey Sauk

    Guest

    I've also had the same problems as you and after an open TAC case they are
    RMA'ing the PIX.

    , Jun 3, 2004