Intermittent Connectivity In The Islands (Like the TV Show LOST)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by stajima@thebus.org, Jan 7, 2007.

  1. Guest

    We're experiencing intermittent connectivity issues. We put in a
    Linksys firewall in our network and everyone seemed all okay except one
    subnet cannot get to the Internet. From that remote site's Cisco 2621
    router it's only getting 2/5 ping replies to our "Internet" Cisco
    router (to the inside-interface). We've already changed the cables.
    That subnet's router and all the clients are able to ping the Linksys
    firewall's address, which I'm confused because they are sitting on
    the same switch and the same subnet.

    (Remote Lan)-> LAN->Firewall x.x.x.61 ->Internet
    Router x.x.x.57->Internet

    >From the corporate LAN, I can ping everywhere and the clients can

    resolve FQDN, etc. From the remote lan, I can always ping x.x.x.61, but
    not the .57. Can someone point me in the right direction?

    Mahalo,

    Sarah

    p.s. just wanted to put something cute in the subject. i've been on the
    phone w/ Cisco tech support.
    , Jan 7, 2007

  2. www.BradReese.Com, Jan 7, 2007

  3. brink Guest

    wrote:
    > We're experiencing intermittent connectivity issues.......
    > router it's only getting 2/5 ping replies to our "Internet" ...........

    If you're consistently getting 2 out of five plus maybe 3/5 if repeated
    but not 0/5,1/5,4/5 or 5/5 you may have a routing problem, a router
    thinking there are 2 paths but one of these two is a black hole.

    Luck, and if you're already talking to TAC they should sort it out
    fairly quickly.

    (dirty trick in some older IOS releases for 2600 : disable CEF and try
    again)
    brink, Jan 8, 2007