Intermittant error on checking emails with Outlook

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Polite, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Polite

    Polite Guest

    Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1.
    I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband.
    Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the
    four email accounts will return the following error:
    "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
    no 0x800ccc0f"

    If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away.
    If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away.
    If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes
    away but not always.

    This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.

    It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
    reoccuring?

    Thanks in advance...
    Polite, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Polite

    °Mike° Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:50:55 +0000, in
    <>
    Polite scrawled:

    <snip>
    >"The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
    >no 0x800ccc0f"

    This is a server side error -- contact Tiscali.

    >This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.

    Exactly.

    >It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
    >reoccuring?

    See above.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Polite

    Bob Guest

    On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 19:50:55 +0000, Polite wrote:

    > Am using Win XP Home and Outlook 2000 SR1.
    > I have four email addresses and am on tiscali broadband.
    > Intermittantly, when checking send and receive, one or more of the
    > four email accounts will return the following error:
    > "The tcpp/ip connection was unexpectedly terminated by server - Error
    > no 0x800ccc0f"
    >
    > If I do nothing - the fault sometimes goes away.
    > If I reboot - the fault sometimes goes away.
    > If I delete the account then re-enter it, the problem usually goes
    > away but not always.
    >
    > This fault is intermittant and usually, eventually fixes itself.
    >
    > It is a real pain. Anyone any suggestions as to how I can prevent it
    > reoccuring?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    It's very possible your ISP has limited the concurrent connections allowed
    from a single IP address, in a specified time period. I would tell your
    ISP what you're attempting to do and see what they say. I limit my
    mailserver to 2 concurrent connections from the same IP, many people do
    because of spammers, etc. Try checking two accounts at the same time,
    wait 5 minutes and try the last two. I have mine configured for 2
    concurrent connections, 5 minute retry time. If you connect twice at the
    same time, like send/receive will do, you can not connect a third time
    ever, but you also can't connect again for 5 minutes after your last
    dropped connection.
    ~Bob
    Bob, Feb 23, 2004
  4. Polite

    Polite Guest

    This would explain everything!

    I do think you've hit on the answer... THANK YOU!!!

    Polite, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Polite

    Polite Guest

    Bob,

    How did you configure 2 concurrent connections from the same IP???

    How would I configure my Outlook to alternately check just for 2
    accounts then the other 2 accounts some few minutes later???

    Is this at all possible???

    Thanks...

    Polite, Feb 24, 2004