    changes from this status until I tell the machine to re-connect and
    then all is well. The network is showing good strength.

    Ideas Anyone?

    Baz, Apr 7, 2005

  2. I have same problem, but with diferent wi-fi access point.

    I use IBM T42, Linksys router with wi-fi access point. Computer receives IP
    from DHCP. After it boots up everythink seems to be ok. But I'am not able to
    access LAN nor internet. When I click repair network connection it stucks on:
    'Acquiring Network Address' and the only solution is to boot up the computer
    again.

    It also happens when I use [Fn + F5] to turn wi-fi card on, the card is on
    but it stucks on 'Acquiring Network Address'. After boot up it's ok.

    I think it is wi-fi card driver problem, I downloaded the most recent
    drivers from IBM but it didn't helped.

    It would be grate if anyone knew solution to this problem.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFuaWVsNTU1NQ==?=, May 6, 2005