    1 GB DDR PC3200
    Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro
    Audio Lansing MX5021 speakers

    Andrew Watiker, Jul 10, 2004

  2. Andrew Watiker

    Brad Griffis Guest

    "Andrew Watiker" <> wrote in message
    news:TrSHc.2509$...
    > I recently recieved a new speaker set, Audio Lansing MX5021 2.1. I have
    > connected this setup to my computers intergrated sound, the sound seems
    > really good. I am just wondering if any value exists to getting a sound
    > card. The intergrated sound is Realtec AC97 Audio. If so, how good a

    card
    > would I want, I don't need anymore than 2 channels and the suwoofer does

    not
    > take a seperate output from the computer. The audio comes out of 1 analog
    > output.
    >
    > Computer Specs:
    >
    > 8KNXP Motherboard
    > Penitum 4 3 (O/C to 3.46)
    > 1 GB DDR PC3200
    > Saphire Radeon 9600 Pro
    > Audio Lansing MX5021 speakers

    If you're satisfied with the quality of the audio then there is no need to
    get an audio card. Besides the sound quality an audio card will also handle
    some of the processing involved in things such as mp3 encoding (with some
    programs). However, now that processors are so fast this is not really a
    big deal. Forget the audio card and use the money for something else.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Jul 10, 2004